The most important words a man can say

Qazxvy

So Gavilar told Szeth to tell his brother to find the most important words a man can say. I think that said "most important words" are the orders of the knights radiant. Also, less likely sub theory, the first part of which which was told to me by Tulir, is that Gavilar was killed by the parshendi so that he could become one because he is so close to honor. Maybe since Gavilar (probably a radiant) found the most important words a man can say (the orders of the knights radiant) the parshendi figured out and killed him so he could become a parshendi. So if Dalinar figured out the same things, the same thing would happen to him. Oh and also Tulir said that Gavilar could be that parshendi shardbearer

Edited by Qazxvy

The Ideals and Oaths are one and the same. I think Ideals are what the book actually says but it doesn't really matter. I personally don't follow the Parshendi are reborn humans theory. I haven't been able to find a reason that Gavilar would be more effective at stopping the Everstorm as a Parshendi Shardbearer then a king of the most powerful nation in the world. It doesn't mean this theory is wrong, just that I find it unlikely, no offense to anyone who agrees with it.

Is it possible that the parshendi are like the Elantrians after the reod, as in: after reod Elantrian: pre reod Elantrian:: parshendi: radiant. Maybe since Odium killed Tanavast, the "Shaod" if you will isn't completed from person to radiant.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that the parshendi are like the Elantrians after the reod, as in: after reod Elantrian: pre reod Elantrian:: parshendi: radiant. Maybe since Odium killed Tanavast, the "Shaod" if you will isn't completed from person to radiant.

Another broken god machine. It's possible. Honor was splintered in a violent confrontation with Odium, so his magic system might have been effected in some way. Maybe that armor growing on Parshendi warriors is the beginning of Shardplate that isn't able to finish?

I dunno, carapace shardplate seems a little... Different. And also, Radiants come from all over... There was certainly no mention of swirly skin in Dalinar's visit to the past. I don't think being a Radiant changes you physically all that much, just gives you way cool powers. Kal is on the road to becoming one, and there are *no* physical changes to him (other than the glowy thing, but that is something else entirely:P)

I dunno, carapace shardplate seems a little... Different. And also, Radiants come from all over... There was certainly no mention of swirly skin in Dalinar's visit to the past. I don't think being a Radiant changes you physically all that much, just gives you way cool powers. Kal is on the road to becoming one, and there are *no* physical changes to him (other than the glowy thing, but that is something else entirely:P)

Yeah, I think I might have jumped pretty far out there on that one.

'The most important words a man can say' --- Are they specific words (i.e. a phrase, or a collection of phrases), or does Gavilar mean that someone utters their most important words at a certain stage of life? Like, right before they die?

If it is a specific phrase, or phrases, then I agree that it's almost certainly the Ideals. But it might also refer to the death visions.

• 2 weeks later...

"I will protect those who cannot protect themselves" - The Second Ideal of the Windrunners.

"Speak again the ancient oaths, and return to men the Shards they once bore" - The vision of the Almighty.

It seems fairly obvious from these that the most important words a man can say are the five ideals of the Knights Radiant. Once spoken by an individual, they become a full Radiant. That is my extrapolation from the above Ideal of the Windrunners, which grants Kaladin greater ability with Stormlight. The second quote from the Almighty suggests that once an individual speaks the oaths, then they will be granted Shards.

My concern is that Gavilar's last words weren't actually uttered by "him", per se, but were instead one of the "pre-death rattle" utterances that Taravangian is researching.

It seems unlikely, but it's something to be wary of.

• 1 month later...

Clearly, it's his secret recipe for cremling waffles. He had to memorize it, since he was illiterate, and recite them every time he made them. They are thus the most important words a man can say, as the waffles were what united Alethkar and brought back the fabled syrupspren.

• 1 year later...

Marriage vows? That's alittle weak,but I think it's on the right track.  it's more important to note in my opinion the separation of the masculine and feminine arts. As far as I'm aware that limits us to war-fare...perhaps the Alethi War codes ?

Or it might be simple vernacular. "Tell my  brother, he must find the most important words he can say" just doesn't carry the same weight.

Clearly, it's his secret recipe for cremling waffles. He had to memorize it, since he was illiterate, and recite them every time he made them. They are thus the most important words a man can say, as the waffles were what united Alethkar and brought back the fabled syrupspren.

Or maybe he realized he was becoming a member of beerrunner order and the words ware "I've got the beer"

• Chaos locked this topic