Hi Everyone!

Etedbert

Hi there! I’m a longtime account-less lurker since about 2013 when I wanted to see what people thought about Emperor’s Soul being up for a Hugo. I’d always been a bit intimidated about making an account and engaging in discussion (mostly because I was a minor way back then).

Nowadays, I’m a computer science student, and I work at an Indie bookstore as a bookseller in the Midwest. I’ve read most of Brandon’s backlog (only missing Mistborn Era 2, White Sand, and some of the short stories). Particularly my favorite of his books has been Warbreaker.

It’s nice to meet you all!

1 hour ago, Etedbert said:

Hi there! I’m a longtime account-less lurker since about 2013 when I wanted to see what people thought about Emperor’s Soul being up for a Hugo. I’d always been a bit intimidated about making an account and engaging in discussion (mostly because I was a minor way back then).

Nowadays, I’m a computer science student, and I work at an Indie bookstore as a bookseller in the Midwest. I’ve read most of Brandon’s backlog (only missing Mistborn Era 2, White Sand, and some of the short stories). Particularly my favorite of his books has been Warbreaker.

Ayyy... a fellow Warbreaker lover!

Welcome to the Shard. What is your least favorite Cosmere planet?

5 hours ago, Etedbert said:

Welcome to the shard! 

5 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Welcome to the Shard officially! Favorite and least favorite characters?

Favorites are probably Vivenna, Vasher, Renarin, and Nomad (his character in Sunlit Man more than in Stormlight). Least favorites, and by that I’ll mean the characters least interesting to me are probably The Lopen, and despite loving Warbreaker, and really liking her chapters, Siri’s character never really grabbed me like everyone else did.

5 hours ago, Colors said:

Ayyy... a fellow Warbreaker lover!

Welcome to the Shard. What is your least favorite Cosmere planet?

Least favorite to read about was Threnody, just because of how little we really get of it. I think I’ll grow to like it more as we get more stories on it down the line. Least favorite in universe/least favorite to live on, would have to be Roshar. Not in a million years would you convince me to go live in apocalypse world prison.

4 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

Hello and welcome! What is one of your favourite moments in the Cosmere?

There’s a few standout moments for me, 

spoilers through all the ends of Warbreaker, Mistborn Era I, and Rhythm of War

Spoiler

Lightsong using his divine breath was one of my earlier WOAH moments in reading Sanderson, but similar ones were the creation of Harmony and Navani bonding the Sibling.

8 minutes ago, Etedbert said:

Favorites are probably Vivenna, Vasher, Renarin, and Nomad (his character in Sunlit Man more than in Stormlight). Least favorites, and by that I’ll mean the characters least interesting to me are probably The Lopen, and despite loving Warbreaker, and really liking her chapters, Siri’s character never really grabbed me like everyone else did.

Least favorite to read about was Threnody, just because of how little we really get of it. I think I’ll grow to like it more as we get more stories on it down the line. Least favorite in universe/least favorite to live on, would have to be Roshar. Not in a million years would you convince me to go live in apocalypse world prison.

There’s a few standout moments for me, 

spoilers through all the ends of Warbreaker, Mistborn Era I, and Rhythm of War

Hide contents

Lightsong using his divine breath was one of my earlier WOAH moments in reading Sanderson, but similar ones were the creation of Harmony and Navani bonding the Sibling.

Threnody fascinates me, but you're right we haven't seen much in the little glimpses we've got. I really liked Shadows for Silence though.

So you'd rather live on pre-Catacendre Scadrial than Roshar?

59 minutes ago, Colors said:

So you'd rather live on pre-Catacendre Scadrial than Roshar?

…that’s a very good point. Pre-catacendre Scadrial would be worse than pre-true desolation Roshar. But I think true desolation Roshar would be worse than Scadrial. I think dealing with a war on top of living on Roshar would be terrible. Especially as a commoner, since the odds of me being a Radiant would be astronomically low.

1 hour ago, justice magician said:

Welcome to the Shard!! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

I like a good Asiago!

my hot take is that Everything Bagels aren’t a very effective bagel. They taste good but they’re too messy, they get the everything seasoning everywhere.

1 hour ago, Etedbert said:

I like a good Asiago!

my hot take is that Everything Bagels aren’t a very effective bagel. They taste good but they’re too messy, they get the everything seasoning everywhere.

Ooo nice! I agree, everything bagels are pretty messy, but they're good with cream cheese.

8 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Greetings! If you could bring any 2 Sandersonian Characters back to life (excluding WoT characters) in the same room for an hour, who’d you pick?

I’d bring back Tanavast and Jezrien for the one of the most awkward reunions imaginable.