Miles at end of Alloy of Law

Brassmind

I just found this in my personal Brandon Sanderson notes collection. I jotted it down a couple of months ago and thought I would post it now for the community to dissect.

"Miles' execution, Alloy of Law

He still had some health stored up — still had metalminds hidden somewhere. A lot of health. Enough to withstand two or three volleys of bullets before he died.

I can think of two possibilities for where those metalminds were. Either he swallowed them, ala Sazed in Mistborn, which does leave the problem of how he was able to swallow them between his arrest and his execution… or he had a spike. I’m not sure if it would have had to be Hemalurgically charged — perhaps it would have helped the thing not kill him initially, but on the other hand, surely he could have healed himself around it with all that extra health.

However, if it was charged, wouldn’t he have been able to hear Sazed?"

Go wild.

I agree with the first possibility that he just had a normal, non-hemalurgic metalmind embedded somewhere in his body.

Just because a piece of metal is embedded in someone's body doesn't make it a spike. Marsh's attack embedded Sazed's ring-metalminds in his skin as early as WoA. All Miles would have to do is drive a "needle" of gold into a muscle group in order to have a reserve metalmind. No hemalurgy required.

Edited by Kurkistan

• Chaos locked this topic