Hello there!!!

X-Rae

Hello everyone! My name is Rae and I recently began my Cosmere journey just last week, and I will be finishing Mistborn Era 1 tomorrow. Huge fan of this specific series so far, and I am told that his works only get better! Brandon recently just posted a video with his reading order and that's basically the one I am going to follow. Mainly joining this forum space so I can have people to talk to about these books! I do not have people around me that read longer series like I prefer to do.... soooooooooooooo being able to come on here and discuss my thoughts will be great. My poor dog Arthas already has to deal with my theories and occasional book screaming, but he is not the best conversationalist. 

A little bit about me: I love to read (probably stating the obvious here) and specifically high fantasy. If I am not reading then I tend to be working on cosplays or themed outfits (totally working on a Vin mistcloak now) for the renaissance faire, outside with my dog, or napping. 

I work as a CT and X-ray Tech in an emergency room, so reading is often a good way for me to decompress after work. I recently found my love of reading again just last year and have already finished 16 books since the new year. I'll definitely be adding to that list with the Cosmere universe!  

Looking forward to hopefully making some friends who want to talk about these books or similar interests! Here are some pictures of partner in crime

420649455_18410838841013388_3414602003045498828_n.jpg

289121833_3287824574788104_6762795279804171086_n.jpg

8 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Hey there Rae! You dog is ADORABLE 🥰 Welcome to the Shard!

Thank you Robin! I am so happy to have found a space to discuss these books, like an online bookclub! And I will have to let him know 😊 

5 hours ago, Iron-Eyes said:

Hi Rae, what is your favourite high fantasy series, mine is the lord of the rings and I am currently reading the Silmarillion.

I love the Silmarillion!!! I felt like I was taking a college course when I read that book, was taking a lot of notes on the characters and events haha. 
As an entire series I have to agree with LOTR, it is timeless. 
Some standalones I have liked as of late though are The Priory of the Orange Tree, and The Sword of Kaigen. I highly recommend the latter!

Edited by X-Rae
Typo

Hello, fellow new person! I too don’t have many people around me who read long series, and if they do, it’s a Romance or Horror or some other genre I don’t read. Working as a CT & X-Ray Tech sounds really cool, and seeing the photo of your dog put a huge grin on my face for the rest of 1st period today (which happens to be my Creative Writing class lol) I will check out your book suggestions. Nice to meet you Rae, have a nice day!

40 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Hello, fellow new person! I too don’t have many people around me who read long series, and if they do, it’s a Romance or Horror or some other genre I don’t read. Working as a CT & X-Ray Tech sounds really cool, and seeing the photo of your dog put a huge grin on my face for the rest of 1st period today (which happens to be my Creative Writing class lol) I will check out your book suggestions. Nice to meet you Rae, have a nice day!

We can be newcomers together! And yes I really enjoy my job, it is definitely interesting at times.

Hopefully you are a morning person, creative writing first thing in the morning sounds like brain power is needed haha. Hope the rest of your classes go well!

5 hours ago, X-Rae said:

I love the Silmarillion!!! I felt like I was taking a college course when I read that book, was taking a lot of notes on the characters and events haha. 
As an entire series I have to agree with LOTR, it is timeless. 

I'm not taking any notes on it, but I am listening to the prancing pony podcast about the Silmarillion.

7 hours ago, Iron-Eyes said:

I'm not taking any notes on it, but I am listening to the prancing pony podcast about the Silmarillion.

I will have to check theirs out! I would imagine that’s a great book to follow up with a podcast. 

5 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Welcome to the shard!

Thank you very much! What’s your favorite book from Sanderson? Or even over all! 

23 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

The Stormlight archive is amazing. Specifically...no, the whole series.

Not surprised to hear that! That’s where I was going to start but then I was recommended following the universe and beginning with Mist Born era 1. I thoroughly enjoyed this trilogy and I am starting Warbreaker. 
My excitement for Stormlight Archive is through the roof though. Only hear positive things!

20 hours ago, Iron-Eyes said:

Rhythm of war is my favourite.

Although I do like the Magic system that Mistborn has.

I’ll keep that in mind when I start that series! Little bits away still, just beginning Warbreaker now. 
I really love the magic system in era 1! The way he wrote it was so good and friendly to learn. Big fan of the concept