Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

6 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

okay ive decided that chameleon is not the sussy wussy i thought they were. sad. Pearl chameleon

in that case, i read through and wanna say all of mouse/lion/scorp/albatross/beagle/hyena as lightly town (not ordered)

and my sussies in swan/elephant rn

despite finding some other memers lightly town i dont rlly have much on falcon which is probably a bad sign so im gonna put my vote here Emerald Falcon

The Lord ruler advises you to refrain from voting those who talk over those who don't. Generally, if you do that, you'll find village discussion will be as depressing as the skaa. I encourage you to vote someone who talks less, like Sapphire Elephant

Ivory Dragonfly

(Although a case can be made for information to be granted in increasingly higher amounts when voting a talker)

2 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

The Lord ruler advises you to refrain from voting those who talk over those who don't. Generally, if you do that, you'll find village discussion will be as depressing as the skaa. I encourage you to vote someone who talks less, like Sapphire Elephant

Ivory Dragonfly

(Although a case can be made for information to be granted in increasingly higher amounts when voting a talker)

seeing as i had just checked into thread and saw a post from you that i didnt like; i feel no remorse about putting my vote there. Why had your vote been on Dragonfly anyways?

4 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=65a84c73&is=6595d773&hm=0ad

By the name of the Lord Ruler, your memes truly are an art.

Although yes, basically that's what I'm trying to say.

3 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

seeing as i had just checked into thread and saw a post from you that i didnt like; i feel no remorse about putting my vote there. Why had your vote been on Dragonfly anyways?

The Lord ruler told me that they were around quite a bit last night, but neglected to even speak nor announce their presence.

I will admit, I did forget about PMs, and some players tend to be more PM-orientated, so the Lord Ruler's mercy was temporarily bestowed on Ivory Dragonfly.

(EDIT: I unvoted Ivory to vote on Sapphire in order to make a counter wagon on someone I found null/sus)

Edited by Pearl Chameleon

1 minute ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Hide contents

image.png?ex=65a84e1d&is=6595d91d&hm=d00

i mean fair; admittedly uhm, cant elims get those roles too? i admittedly mostly glossed over reading the smoker role as it is so shrug but also meh. probs enough to not rlly focus the slot today though

Just now, Pearl Chameleon said:

He is the silver of immortality, what is and what will be, and watches us even after his supposed death as a test to humanity

Hide contents

It is a part of my cosmetic role

ah cool tyty.

i kinda wanna dig into more stuff but i feel kinda shruggy right now. and anons make it hard for me to keep track of people regardless. whos someone that probably needs more focus, d'ya think? for anybody give me a name or such.

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

i mean fair; admittedly uhm, cant elims get those roles too? i admittedly mostly glossed over reading the smoker role as it is so shrug but also meh. probs enough to not rlly focus the slot today though

ah cool tyty.

i kinda wanna dig into more stuff but i feel kinda shruggy right now. and anons make it hard for me to keep track of people regardless. whos someone that probably needs more focus, d'ya think? for anybody give me a name or such.

Falcon, salmon Meerkat, and plum rhino the Lord ruler is keeping a close eye on.

Would keep -> is keeping because the Lord ruler is not dead

50 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Ivory Dragonfly

I feel deserves more pressure. I personally do not believe Amethyst deserves the Lord ruler's wrath, and Emerald and Azure do not deserve the Lord ruler's wrath solely on their playstyle.

Does anyone have a vote count?

Now that the detective had shown up, Bartleby agreed. Amethyst Scorpion.

The main thrust of debate so far was whether pictures were an effective communication method. To Bartleby, it was obvious that they were. After all, a picture was worth a thousand words. Those who argued otherwise were mostly idiots. Why then had Nalthian Saphire Elephant leaped to Charcoal Hyena's defense so eagerly?

4 hours ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

Glad you decided to show up, Vulture. [Also: #when you’re so forgetful you forget to use your “forgetful” cosmetic role. Look, I’m known for ditching my cr after the first cycle due to lack of interest, but that was a new low :P]

I don’t think it’s in poor form, Scorpion — the meme format is kinda frustrating to read. It’s not necessarily AI, but it’s D1 and we have precious little else to go on.

Anyway, what was I talking about again? Oh, right! The multiple definitions of the word “fine.” I mentioned that it can mean  “good” and “okay,” but depending on the context, it can mean “bad” too! This is more of a cultural thing (where I live, anyway (maybe it’s different for you)) — like, if someone says “how’s it going?” and you say “fine” then they’ll hear that you’re having a bad day. Weird, isn’t it? This happens because “good” is the default answer — if you aren’t actively not good, then your default response to “how are you” is “good, how are you?” You don’t even think about it. So, if you want to signal you’re doing worse than average, you say “fine.”

Language is fascinating.

It didn't make much sense. And why was the man quibbling so much about good and bad? The Village was good, and the Spiked were evil. There wasn't room for debate there.

Bartleby also wondered where Leo @Sage Kangaroo was. By his recollection, that man was the only one who hadn't shown up yet. He supposed the Endsayer  @Fuchsia Ostrich was also not speaking, but given the man's name, he didn't expect much until the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Falcon, salmon Meerkat, and plum rhino the Lord ruler is keeping a close eye on.

hm, ive already admitted not being a fan of falcon; wanna give me a light analysis on the others? also hadnt you makred falcon as a v lean earlier? what changed?

11 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65a850dd&is=6595dbdd&hm=6ef

Edited to add:

@Saffron Iguana

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65a851fe&is=6595dcfe&hm=94a

Edited by Azure Mouse

6 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Is this the kind of thing we vote on someone for?

Also, I'm a Smoker, which doesn't seem that useful. Hopefully saying this is fine.

The cosmetic roles look fun, I'll try and pick one soon.

9 hours ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

M looked up together in confusion at the newcomer. “As the wisdom of many Tyrians past has assuredly told us, blessed one, ‘smoking saves lives,’ and most of all, those not your own, but why advertise your capacities, or lack thereof, with so many subversives in our midst? It is most unbecoming,” he mused, turning to her. She took up the chorus: “And if his dusty quotations will not convince you otherwise, you cannot argue with data. Villages which lose large numbers of Smokers die more quickly at a statistically significant rate, accounting, of course, for abberations in the datasets such as one record of a village where Smokers survived but simply did not burn their metals, and…”

[snip]

hmm ok i see what you mean there. i think if forced to put a read to it it reads like an elim talking to a village member, though id like to see more from them before i cement any read there.

Edit: i have no clue what to think of any smokers because i honestly just read past that role and hoped i wouldnt have to understand it.

Edited by Saffron Iguana

13 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

hm, ive already admitted not being a fan of falcon; wanna give me a light analysis on the others? also hadnt you makred falcon as a v lean earlier? what changed?

Nothing really.

Salmon Meerkat has just been a little cheeky, which warrants a extremely small fraction of a village read, but is mostly NAI.

Plum Rhino I initially suspected to be an Elim trying to encourage discussion for a cheap and easy village read upon my first readthrough, but now, upon reviewing the context under a different light, the Lord Ruler believes that it is genuine, and I'm giving them a light village/null+ read. That was why I wanted your opinion on them.

Emerald Falcon has been a major train so far- really the only one we've seen if you ignore the ele train I recently instigated so I'm actually curious to know whether people are actually e!reading them, or if they just voted on them because it was appealing (ALARM BELLS RINGING).

12 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Hide contents

I'm inclined to think swan is a newer player, but upon examining tyrian falls' history with D1 smoker claims, I think it's reasonable to claim smoker, but it'll give the elims the advantage if they have vote manip (because they'll know who NOT to target). That's why I think swan didn't necessarily think it through before saying they were a smoker. And yes, smoker is a very Elim coded role, but that doesn't mean village smokers just don't exist. If someone is a smoker it does not warrant a vote by itself.

6 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Edit: i have no clue what to think of any smokers because i honestly just read past that role and hoped i wouldnt have to understand it.

In the name of the Lord ruler, read the syllabus please!

EDIT:

Smokers cancel vote manipulation that targets themselves or their target, which they can change as an action. They can also turn their copper cloud (effect) off. Smoking makes you and your target immune to being scanned.

4 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

i think if forced to put a read to it it reads like an elim talking to a village member

Spoiler

3a92ba66-eb6f-46fe-8c2a-416132c8eaea-166

4 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

id like to see more from them before i cement any read there.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

In the name of the Lord ruler, read the syllabus please!

i did i just didnt get it

noted with the rest; ill go give rhino a looksee then. kiiinda dont think ill get very much from salmon though so maybe ill leave that for a bit later on

2 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Hide contents

3a92ba66-eb6f-46fe-8c2a-416132c8eaea-166

uhh i find that elims generally will be more likely to question a town role claim like that; especially with the sort of "haha silly villager why would you role reveal" direction? if that makes sense?

3 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

I'm inclined to think swan is a newer player, but upon examining tyrian falls' history with D1 smoker claims, I think it's reasonable to claim smoker, but it'll give the elims the advantage if they have vote manip (because they'll know who NOT to target). That's why I think swan didn't necessarily think it through before saying they were a smoker. And yes, smoker is a very Elim coded role, but that doesn't mean village smokers just don't exist. If someone is a smoker it does not warrant a vote by itself.

Spoiler

image.png?ex=65a85473&is=6595df73&hm=073

who is the little guy there in your bread list

edit also ty for the explination abt smokers <3.

eddit i think looking at rhino i dont see them paired with beagle mouse or lion, and dont think theyd be a bad yeet? i didnt like their response to mouse at all but thats based on reasoning i wouldnt float a boat on.  ill add them to my candidate list (now being rhino/falcon/elephant/flamingo)

Edited by Saffron Iguana