Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

Seems like there’s a difference between Smoker-Smoking and Mistborn-Smoking, then. Or something. Trying to parse clarification answers I got.

A Smoker’s default state is Smoking themselves, a Mistborn’s seems to be not.

Edit: I think the possibilities are these:

1. E!Smoker Meerkat who left their coppercloud on
  2. E!Smoker among (Scorpion/Beagle/Chameleon/Kangaroo) who was smoking E!Meerkat
  3. E!Smoker among (Scorpion/Beagle/Chameleon/Kangaroo) who was smoking V!Meerkat
  4. E!Penguin who was smoking E!Meerkat and lied about it
  5. E!Penguin who was smoking V!Meerkat and lied about it

I can safely rule out the last two, and think there's a decent argument for you all to too, if only for "E!Penguin gets essentially nothing for doing so". Can maybe have a Mistborn, but clarifications seem to be suggesting otherwise.

Double Edit: Okay, Mistborn would be possible if Meerkat was a Smoked Mistborn / was Smoked by a Mistborn the preceding turn (N4), and the Coppercloud sticks around the following Day (D5, when the thing happened).

Which is possible, but... hmmm. Probably wouldn't make a huge difference unless they roll Thug.

Edited by Chartreuse Penguin

Night 6: Who Smoked the Salmon...

Tap tap cling cling tap tap cling cling crack! The sound of hammers rang out against metal and stone as Manufacture’s workers raced to construct fortifications under a heavy ashfall. The bodies of Ananame and Zee had been stripped to the bone, the latter in two pieces, and left out to serve as a grim reminder of what awaited the town if they tried to fight the Koloss armies and lost.

Sidor approached the construction site at a brisk walk, receiving numerous greetings along the way. She acknowledged them all with a brief nod as she made directly for the ten-armed worker wielding five pairs of hammer and chisel next to Ananame’s skeleton.

“Linaan,” she called out, but the worker didn’t respond. Undeterred, she tried a different approach. Striding within three meters, she called again, “Tendril-armed one.”

He looked up at that, and seeing Sidor, bowed to her. “ Lady Sidor, yeah? Weren’t ladies like you when I lived. To think skaa would lead, even if it took five hundred more years.” He shook his head incredulously. “Guln atcher service, finest stonemason in Luthadel, ‘til the accident.”

“I’m afraid I don’t have time for this,” Sidor replied, almost to herself as she stepped close enough to whisper in Guln’s ear. “I want to speak to My Lin.”

Immediately, Guln’s pupils became slitted. His ears sharpened to a point and migrated to the top of her head.  Fangs jutted from her mouth, while an arm slid back to become a tail and wrap around Sidor’s waist. “My, my, how presumptuous,” Linaan purred. “What could possibly be so urgent, Sighs? Manufacture needs all hands to keep up with the continued sabotages. Just today, a wall segment collapsed on Crocodile and squashed him flat. We couldn’t even retrieve his body.”

“We can learn all about Guln on our way home,” Sidor’ promised. “One of our former agents has returned from her infiltration mission, and she has critical information to share!”

Sal didn’t understand why the townsfolk of Tyrian Falls were trying to kill him. He was so obviously loyal to the town, his one and only love, why couldn’t everyone see that?

“Let’s go through this one more time,” Barney suggested, standing between Sal and the bloodthirsty mob. “You accused Murph yesterday, correct?”

“Correct!” Sal said with a smile, happy to make sure everyone in Tyrian Falls understood him.

“And Ananame tried to convince you otherwise?” Barney continued.

Sal’s smile faltered just a bit. “I don’t remember that, but he was almost as loyal to the town as me, so if he said so it must be true!”

“Are you a Smoker?”

“Nope! Nor have I become any sort of allomancer since the last time you asked me.”

Barney sighed. “Do you know why Ananame failed to riot you?”

Sal sunk all the way into a frown. “No.” Then he lit up again. “It must be one of those Copperclouds you told me about. Why don’t you ask Murph? He’s one of those Smoker fellows. I know I’m loyal, but maybe he isn’t.”

“Let me at him!” Murph interjected, trying to wrest his arms free from Samwise’s grasp. “He’s a mistborn, a spiked Mistborn, he has to be! Please let me kill him to make up for my past mistakes.”

“Hold on,” Leo insisted, checking his own arms and legs for clues. “We’ll do this properly. If Sal didn’t smoke himself, someone must have. Sal, did you smoke yourself?”

“Who, me?” Sal responded, quickly looking over at Leo.

“Yes, you.” 

Sal shook his head. “Couldn’t be. I’m too loyal to lie.”

“Then who?”

Sal hesitated, and before he could speak, Samwise cut in. “Leo. Who would have smoked Sal?” 

“Leo would have smoked Sal,” Lion continued.

Barney turned to stare at the pair. “As fun as this is, we need to get to the point. What do you mean it’s Leo?”

“Well he’s not answering to the accusations, is he?” Lion responded.

“We can’t get too caught up in this,” Beagle insisted. “Sal is the most likely choice.”

“Finally!” Murph exclaimed. “I don’t even care whether he’s a mistborn or a smoker, he needs to die.”

“Sal,” Lion agreed. The whole town turned on Sal, except for Samwise who was still trying to scan Leo’s tattoos for a confession.

Sal panicked. “No, wait, you can’t do this! You can’t do this to a loyal son of Tyrian. It wasn’t me! It wasn’t meeeeeeee”. His last words trailed off into a scream as the townsfolk trampled him to death.

Salmon Meerkat was executed! They were a Villager.

Vote Count

Salmon Meerkat (5): Amethyst Scorpion, Chartreuse Penguin, Opal Lion, Oxblood Beagle, Sage Kangaroo

Chartreuse Penguin (1): Salmon Meerkat

Sage Kangaroo (1): Pearl Chameleon

Inactivity:

Mauve Crocodile has died of inactivity! They were a Villager

Night Six has begun! The turn will end on Saturday, January 20th at 6:00 PM PT/ Sunday, January 21st at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT.

Player List:

Spoiler

Amber Vulture Sasha de Vries, Detective Spiked Thug
Amethyst Scorpion Barney Detective
Azure Mouse Maihler, Meme Artist Village Tineye
Charcoal Hyena Hobbyist Village Smoker
Chartreuse Penguin Murph, Carpenter/Armorer
Coral Swan Ananame, Noble Thief Village Rioter
Cream Tuatara Spiked Rioter
Emerald Falcon Tune, Graffiti Artist Village
Fuchsia Ostrich Endsayer, Endsayer Village
Indigo Weasel Quagmire, 3 "Weasels" in a Trenchcoat Village Smoker
Ivory Dragonfly Bartleby, Witch Doctor Village Mistborn
Magenta Albatross Grandiose Verbosity Spiked
Mauve Crocodile Village
Melon Dingo Barrrrrrrg, Obligator Spiked Seeker
Mint Heron Stray Dog Villager
Onyx Flamingo M, Orator + Researcher Village Tineye
Opal Lion
Oxblood Beagle
Pearl Chameleon Samwise, Obligator
Plum Rhinoceros Nalthian Village Soother
Quartz Zebra Zee, Accidentally Spiked Village Coinshot
Saffron Iguana Village Lurcher
Sage Kangaroo Leo, Amnesiac
Salmon Meerkat Sal, Loyalist Village
Sapphire Elephant Forgetful Village

PMs are closed

Okay. We’re looking for a Smoker. That means PoE is Kanga/Penguin/Beagle. Elim has to be in there. Yes, I’m willing to stop vil tunneling Beagle. No, I don’t want to kill them tomorrow.

I could v case everyone there. I could e case everyone there. I have no idea where the hit is.

I think I start on Penguin out of those but I want other thoughts 

Someone tell me that there isn’t a way for a Soother to make the VC look like the way it did that one turn

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Okay. We’re looking for a Smoker. That means PoE is Kanga/Penguin/Beagle. Elim has to be in there. Yes, I’m willing to stop vil tunneling Beagle. No, I don’t want to kill them tomorrow.

I could v case everyone there. I could e case everyone there. I have no idea where the hit is.

I think I start on Penguin out of those but I want other thoughts 

I think you should start by actually casing everyone as village and then casing them all as Elims and see who's the worst out of all of them. Writing it out helps.

I would but uh I have work tomorrow and then am gonna go see mean girls (i'm gonna be dissapointed)

Ok lets just do this useless thing again and hope it makes me think of anything though it hasn't rly so far

Chartreuse Penguin (3): Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo
Ivory Dragonfly (3): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin, Fuchsia Ostrich
Charcoal Hyena (2): Amethyst Scorpion, Oxblood Beagle
Coral Swan (2): Sage Kangaroo, Salmon Meerkat
Onyx Flamingo (2): Magenta Albatross, Pearl Chameleon
Saffron Iguana (2): Cream Tuatara, Melon Dingo
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Azure Mouse (1): Opal Lion
Cream Tuatara (1): Saffron Iguana
Melon Dingo (1): Charcoal Hyena
Oxblood Beagle (1): Mint Heron
Salmon Meerkat (0): Coral Swan
Sapphire Elephant (1): Ivory Dragonfly

Not Voting (4): Indigo Weasel, Mauve Crocodile, Plum Rhinoceros, Quartz Zebra

[insert thoughts here]

Really, after all these VCs I do have to finally come to the conclusion that Penguin is likely village, however much I want to kill them.
As I've stated before, there's no reason at all for Penguin and Vulture to be voting together as elims with no teammate in danger.

Charcoal Hyena (9): Amber Vulture, Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Fuchsia Ostrich, Pearl Chameleon, Quartz Zebra, Salmon Meerkat
Salmon Meerkat (3): Magenta Albatross, Onyx Flamingo, Saffron Iguana
Pearl Chameleon (2): Oxblood Beagle, Sage Kangaroo
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Azure Mouse (1): Mauve Crocodile
Mint Heron (1): Opal Lion
Saffron Iguana (1): Mint Heron

Not Voting (5): Melon Dingo, Cream Tuatara, Plum Rhinoceros, Indigo Weasel, Charcoal Hyena

[thoughts thoughts thoughts]

Honestly here the question is really: is it in scorp/Peng, or is it in Beag/Sage

And the answer? Well. it's probably in Beag/Sage. That big of a train only having one elim tho is really...wild.

Amber Vulture (4): Amethyst Scorpion, Fuchsia Ostrich, Mint Heron, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat
Mint Heron (4): Amber Vulture, Oxblood Beagle, Quartz Zebra, Saffron Iguana
Magenta Albatross (3): Chartreuse Penguin, Opal Lion, Sage Kangaroo
Pearl Chameleon (1): Coral Swan

Not Voting (8): Indigo Weasel, Plum Rhinoceros,Onyx Flamingo, Sapphire Elephant, Melon Dingo, Cream Tuatara, Mauve Crocodile, Magenta Albatross

[there's definitely thoughts here]

What are the thoughts though?

[check when sage voted]

With the amber train most likely being pure (save the possibility that Amethyst simply bussed) When would the elim most likely jump on a train?

What I find most interesting about the votes in this cycle is Scorp's progression that day (god I'm wishing I noted the links for the posts)-
Though he votes on Amber at a point, bringing amber up to 2, He basically immediately jumps off:
Moving to Pearl (Amber 1, Pearl 3)
Moving to Mint (Amber 2, Pearl 2, Mint 3)
Moving to Alb (Amber 3, Mint 4, Alb 1)
And then eventually moving back to amber only after Amber was at 5 and theoretically doomed (Amber 6, Mint 3, Alb 2)

Now my question here is really this: How does this compare with Amethyst's voting in other cycles? There were no real points in which other Elims were in real danger, so if this is just how Amethyst plays- jumping from one wagon to another once they gain traction, trying to stay off the leading wagon until the very end, then this should be reflected in other cycles. Right?

C1 Scorp movements:

Starts on Azure (Azure 2, Meerkat 3)
Moves to Plum (Plum 1, Meerkat 3)
Moves to Hyena (Hyena 1, Meerkat 3, Emerald 3, Plum 0)
Moves to Iguana (Iguana 1, Hyena 0, Emerald 3, Elephant 4)
Moves to Ivory (Ivory 3, Iguana 1, Meerkat 2, Emerald 0, Elephant 3)
Moves to Hyena (Hyena 3, Ivory 2, Elephant 2)
Scorp wasn't on at Eod, so he wasn't aware of the penguin train. So. gotta be honest, right now things are checking out. I suppose.

C2:

There really isn't much movement from anyone today- Scorp specifically votes and parks on Hyena the entire day. He was the first vote even.
There was some movement this day- Iguana and Meerkat wagons got to 4/5 at points, but neither overtook Hyena. Scorp even got two votes himself that day (Heron and Meerkat)

C4:

Starts on Iguana (Iguana 3, Penguin 4)
Moves to Alb (Iguana 2, Alb 2)

He stays on Alb through alb going up to 4, then being overtaken by Penguin, and then continues to stay on Alb while Fuschia claims to resign as an Elim. Fuschia goes up to 5, Alb goes down to three.
despite claiming to not believe it however, He doesn't say anything either discouraging people off fuchsia. He doesn't really partake in any conversation around it despite claiming in thread not to believe it. He just sits on alb while saying "it's fine if you guys don't wanna vote alb, and if you wanna kill penguin that's fine"

Not only that but a note that during D4 Iguana noted that no one was really doing anything in thread - it felt like the wagons were village. The thing is - Alb was up. Alb was at 4. So if it did feel like no one cared to save him the most logical answer is that he was being bussed.

I mean Atp I'd probably kill Sage above Scorp in most worlds unless [redacted], but.

Yeah I don't know how this turned into me looking into casing scorp but here we are.

Fuchsia Ostrich (4): Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Pearl Chameleon, Quartz Zebra, Salmon Meerkat
Chartreuse Penguin (4): Fuchsia Ostrich, Mauve Crocodile, Opal Lion, Saffron Iguana
Magenta Albatross (1): Amethyst Scorpion
Opal Lion (1): Magenta Albatross
Oxblood Beagle (1): Oxblood Beagle
Saffron Iguana (1): Sage Kangaroo

Not Voting (1): Sapphire Elephant

Ok there are more actual thoughts on this one. I think. Thoughts I don't like.

If Penguin is an Elim then the teammate obviously didn't care to help. This seems unlikely to me as basically everyone was active this cycle (mauve, but. yeah.)
So most likely both top trains are village.

Thoughts on Amethyst above a bit, but. I just don't think I'm ever going to be voting penguin.

This is always when it turns out to be penguin- When I push someone for a few cycles while everyone clears them, just for everyone to try and kill them when I finally change my mind. 
I mean. Not always. Heron was village I guess.

Salmon Meerkat (5): Amethyst Scorpion, Chartreuse Penguin, Opal Lion, Oxblood Beagle, Sage Kangaroo
Chartreuse Penguin (1): Salmon Meerkat
Sage Kangaroo (1): Pearl Chameleon

I mean this one doesn't really give us anything at all.

Can we talk about how i called out alb on d2 and then immediately called him village once he voted me
I'm a sucker for people voting me

my ramblings ok bye

49 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

I have friends that are going to mean girls tomorrow 👀

I'm actually going to hate it I know that and yet I'm still going

I'm going to enjoy it

I've heard one of the songs they changed from the musical and it was the worst

HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING

DESTROY the kangaroo

People lose braincells and elims get free NK's and mls when we forget our reads and chase after some obviously setup smoker-meerkat thing and look at where it got us

Opal Lion is dying tonight, garuanteed. Vote manip is too powerful late game

If not them, then Chartreuse Penguin. In fact, I think chartreuse penguin nk is indicative towards e!Lion, but idk man

Clearly, there's two explanations:

1. E!penguin smoked Meerkat because they could, and happened to win the lottery with mls

2. E!mistborn someone else decided that they had previously scanned swan as a rioter, and drew iron and copper on previous nights, and decides to pull off a Gambit that is Aman tier

Obviously, both of these options sound incredibly stupid

So stop

Poking

Your

Head

Down

The

Same

Rabbit

Hole

Like people are losing their braincells over this ordeal

People get your act together

2 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

2. E!mistborn someone else decided that they had previously scanned swan as a rioter, and drew iron and copper on previous nights, and decides to pull off a Gambit that is Aman tier

whos aman

Okay.

Tomorrow is exlo if there are two left?

6 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Mauve Crocodile has died of inactivity! They were a Villager

You know, they were actually lock v last cycle since they could not have submitted the kill on N5. Unfortunate. 

Wagonomics aside, I’ll look at Penguin’s posts again when I can. 

Chameleon is still clear IMO, Penguin. Do you have concerns there now? 

I know I have to probably go before the likes of Lion, Scorp, and Penguin but don't condemn me only for the lack of my posts as I have been posting as much as my schedule has been allowing me to. 

If not going over my posts, at least go through my progression on Alb and see for yourself if it makes sense for me to be Spiked with them. 

Kangaroo, my concern with regards to your Alb progression is that all your posts from Day 3 that appear to shade Alb simultaneously seem to want to vote elsewhere. What I mean is this:

Distances from Albatross, but indicates willingness for a Cham vote (your vote was currently on Cham). 

Here you follow through on your post from earlier, but with a question inviting someone to convince you on the heron case, reiterated here:

And transparently explained here:

I realize this was a while ago but can you talk about where your head was at with regards to Heron? Was it just a true null? Earlier in the turn you expressed a mild defense of Vulture, so how come you didn’t vote a null read to save them? Asking because posts read like you wanted to switch to the heron wagon but couldn’t come up with a believable justification, but I might just be misunderstanding your posts. It’s hard to read the situation here because elims sometimes get stuck on a bus for “maintaining progression” reasons (i.e. you said earlier that you’d be okay with an Alb vote but that Cham was preferred, so what do you do when Cham is no longer a viable wagon? An elim might feel obligated to stay true to their projected line of thought there) and find it hard to convincingly move off the bus. And Alb didn’t move to save Vulture either. 

Alright, first things first. I meant progression through the entire game. I initially thought there they seemed very genuine but then later found discrepancies in their posts and began suspecting them. All this prior to Day 3. 

1 hour ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

I realize this was a while ago but can you talk about where your head was at with regards to Heron? Was it just a true null? Earlier in the turn you expressed a mild defense of Vulture, so how come you didn’t vote a null read to save them? Asking because posts read like you wanted to switch to the heron wagon but couldn’t come up with a believable justification, but I might just be misunderstanding your posts.

It's quite simple, I had rushed through to catch up because I didn't time. The main players being discussed for execution were Vulture, Chameleon, Alb and Heron. Cham and Alb I suspected myself and had reasonings for them. Vulture, I recalled from my catching up as being voted on for which was [Vulture was suspected for saying they think Heron was e!CS]. I disagreed and said if they thought so and were evil, they'd just shoot Heron or use Heron, not try to get them exed. Which is why my vote did not go on Vulture. The only other player up for execution was Heron, and I just did not recall anything regarding players making a case for Heron [other than Vulture]. My posts are simply asking for a recap, just literally asking for the information I did not have. I did not want any to "convince" me to vote for Heron. I simply wanted to vote fully informed. 

It was 3-3-3-3, Cham moved to Alb, then I moved to Alb to make it 5[Alb]-3[Heron]-3[Vulture]

Again, if e!me wanted to bus, why wouldn't I have voted on Vulture and gained cred when it was likely that the CS would shoot Vulture again? If Alb were to be exed, elims would lose both Alb and Vulture in the same cycle. Bussing Alb was the worst possible move there. Bussing Vulture the best. 

10 hours ago, Opal Lion said:

What I find most interesting about the votes in this cycle is Scorp's progression that day (god I'm wishing I noted the links for the posts)-
Though he votes on Amber at a point, bringing amber up to 2, He basically immediately jumps off:
Moving to Pearl (Amber 1, Pearl 3)
Moving to Mint (Amber 2, Pearl 2, Mint 3)
Moving to Alb (Amber 3, Mint 4, Alb 1)
And then eventually moving back to amber only after Amber was at 5 and theoretically doomed (Amber 6, Mint 3, Alb 2)

Now my question here is really this: How does this compare with Amethyst's voting in other cycles? There were no real points in which other Elims were in real danger, so if this is just how Amethyst plays- jumping from one wagon to another once they gain traction, trying to stay off the leading wagon until the very end, then this should be reflected in other cycles. Right?

C1 Scorp movements:

Starts on Azure (Azure 2, Meerkat 3)
Moves to Plum (Plum 1, Meerkat 3)
Moves to Hyena (Hyena 1, Meerkat 3, Emerald 3, Plum 0)
Moves to Iguana (Iguana 1, Hyena 0, Emerald 3, Elephant 4)
Moves to Ivory (Ivory 3, Iguana 1, Meerkat 2, Emerald 0, Elephant 3)
Moves to Hyena (Hyena 3, Ivory 2, Elephant 2)
Scorp wasn't on at Eod, so he wasn't aware of the penguin train. 

[Thoigh this is pretty similar, it's c1 and doesn't quite count imo.]

C2:

There really isn't much movement from anyone today- Scorp specifically votes and parks on Hyena the entire day. He was the first vote even.
There was some movement this day- Iguana and Meerkat wagons got to 4/5 at points, but neither overtook Hyena. Scorp even got two votes himself that day (Heron and Meerkat)

C4:

Starts on Iguana (Iguana 3, Penguin 4)
Moves to Alb (Iguana 2, Alb 2)

He stays on Alb through alb going up to 4, then being overtaken by Penguin, and then continues to stay on Alb while Fuschia claims to resign as an Elim. Fuschia goes up to 5, Alb goes down to three.
despite claiming to not believe it however, He doesn't say anything either discouraging people off fuchsia. He doesn't really partake in any conversation around it despite claiming in thread not to believe it. He just sits on alb while saying "it's fine if you guys don't wanna vote alb, and if you wanna kill penguin that's fine"

Not only that but a note that during D4 Iguana noted that no one was really doing anything in thread - it felt like the wagons were village. The thing is - Alb was up. Alb was at 4. So if it did feel like no one cared to save him the most logical answer is that he was being bussed

But really besides c1, scorps voting patterns the other days were not at all similar to the cycle Vulture was in contention, and was pretty much voting and parking despite moving wagons the entire day. 

On D4 you see him trying to save his teammates via pushing up other wagons, but on every other cycle you see hom content with his vote/the way things are playing out as the other wagons race around him 

Edit:

Next time I'm just gonna stick on my d1 reads and not let anyone sway me on absolutely anything I stg

3 hours ago, Sage Kangaroo said:

Alright, first things first. I meant progression through the entire game. I initially thought there they seemed very genuine but then later found discrepancies in their posts and began suspecting them. All this prior to Day 3. 

It's quite simple, I had rushed through to catch up because I didn't time. The main players being discussed for execution were Vulture, Chameleon, Alb and Heron. Cham and Alb I suspected myself and had reasonings for them. Vulture, I recalled from my catching up as being voted on for which was [Vulture was suspected for saying they think Heron was e!CS]. I disagreed and said if they thought so and were evil, they'd just shoot Heron or use Heron, not try to get them exed. Which is why my vote did not go on Vulture. The only other player up for execution was Heron, and I just did not recall anything regarding players making a case for Heron [other than Vulture]. My posts are simply asking for a recap, just literally asking for the information I did not have. I did not want any to "convince" me to vote for Heron. I simply wanted to vote fully informed. 

It was 3-3-3-3, Cham moved to Alb, then I moved to Alb to make it 5[Alb]-3[Heron]-3[Vulture]

Again, if e!me wanted to bus, why wouldn't I have voted on Vulture and gained cred when it was likely that the CS would shoot Vulture again? If Alb were to be exed, elims would lose both Alb and Vulture in the same cycle. Bussing Alb was the worst possible move there. Bussing Vulture the best. 

Uh because you could bring up this exact point if you are ever sussed? Isn't that the point of bussing? As a master bus driver myself, I know that the two largest bus indicators are:

-using the bus to defend yourself

-overweighing the buses' alignment indicative property on yourself

And you've done both.