Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

That technically could have happened, but Meerkat seems like a random target for a villager to smoke and then not disclose it. Penguin's the only claimed smoker here, I think.

If there's an elim smoker around, I think they would have ideally smoked someone who'd be a likely seeker target from their point of view? In case there's a secret v!Mistborn/v!Seeker here :ph34r: If I had a seeker action last cycle I wouldn't have used it on Meerkat. Which is why Meerkat is a weird target for an e!smoker and this doesn't really make sense unless Meerkat is lying about their role.

Edit:

And yeah, Albatross should have been the default target for e!smoker last cycle if true.

Edited by Oxblood Beagle

Yes my point was in case Meerkat does not flip e!Smoker, it means someone else Smoked Meerkat. And they haven't revealed it yet, so they're basically allowing us to ML on false assumptions [Swan is lying about Rioting, Meerkat is the Smoker], so if Meerkat is village, Penguin [or an unclaimed Smoker] is an elim. 

7 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

What is your role

Vanilla? I swear ive said this before. 

7 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Meerkat do you not want to comment on anything?

I have no brain power and didnt take my adhd meds, now im painfully hungry.

It took unexpectedly long time to get back through thread, and I'm not sure I answered any of my questions. I think my general vibe as less suspicious of Ostrich now, and for all Iguana's been posting a lot, I'm not sure that any of that made much of an impression.

Do feel like I need to look at Meerkat more, but I need a break, so we'll dig further there later.

I'm not feeling the Hyena train. Meerkat... Meerkat feels like a tourist, and I'm not sure how that makes me feel. Do we execute tourists? Feels like yelling "Get off my lawn" but I don't care to be old >>

I like the vibes I've been getting from Cham and Kangaroo, so don't care for those options either.

I don't care for the Hyena resurrengce so Meerkat.

This seems to be the extent of Albatross' non-objective thoughts on Meerkat. 

The first post brushes them off as someone they 'need to look at' and the second post throws a vote there a couple of seconds shy of EoD and this is when Hyena had 9 votes and Meerkat had 2. Could plausibly see this as weak distancing?

Idk I kinda assumed there was a reason to vote away from the mechanically implicated person :P.

Like, sure, the purity clear for Meerkat is... kinda real. Even this turn. Is that just me? I understand the desire to not vote Meerkat. But the immediate next option in that case is Penguin, not Kangaroo. Something has to explain the missing vote.

43 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Idk I kinda assumed there was a reason to vote away from the mechanically implicated person :P.

Like, sure, the purity clear for Meerkat is... kinda real. Even this turn. Is that just me? I understand the desire to not vote Meerkat. But the immediate next option in that case is Penguin, not Kangaroo. Something has to explain the missing vote.

I mean meerkat is dying i was just hoping kanga would say something on being voted but they came in thread and didn't so i was like eh i'll just leave it there

3 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Not sure what E!me gets out of lying about Smoking Meerkat, unless I'm teamed with Kangaroo somehow. But I don't know what's going on this game anyway.

That's kinda the problem. There's no reason you smoke a random villager because as far as you know Swan is a real smoker, and even then.

So I'm staying on Meerkat and just hoping it ends

If Meerkat is a Smoker and is elim or the next elim is a Smoker then like

I'd expect there to be another elim no?

Vanilla, Smoker, Thug, Seeker, rioter?(or was he a soother)

Maybe it's not bc Thug but that's just a pretty low power elim team ig? Maybe not bc the Seeker has potential wrt relationships 

Elim Thug can be dangerous the same reason a Village Thug can be - in endgames, like this, when the Village is really counting on their exe going through successfully, only for them to survive and mess up the counts. Especially if there's enough nebulousness that the Elims can bus their own Thug instead of having to full commit towards a come-from-behind hammer. Plus... don't have any stats on this, but I'd wager that decently often an early-game Thug exe will get themselves more than just a cycle of life.

E!Seeker is dangerous, obviously. And E!Rioter... Rioters vs Soothers is weird. Rioters can pull off bigger swings if they leverage themselves right, but can also expose themselves much more easily than a Soother can. Rioter's probably stronger in my mind thanks to LG74-Rioter-Smoker-rules-shenanigans, but they're about the same. And Vote Manip's a good deal stronger in the hands of the informed Elim team.

TL:DR, Tyrian is actually pretty balanced, what do ya know.

Except Smokers, they only affect other roles and so they get the short end of the stick. Or do until E!Seekers and E!Rioters make the Village go running for their Copperclouds again.

Pretty sure it's just the one left. E!Thug isn't quite an extra Elim, but it's pretty close. And we only started with 25 players. AG8 and AG9 had five elims with 26 and 23, respectively.

8 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Not sure what E!me gets out of lying about Smoking Meerkat, unless I'm teamed with Kangaroo somehow. But I don't know what's going on this game anyway.

What do you mean? 

I have no idea about the distro implications I’m not good with that stuff. I guess I could see two more elims if both are vanilla? But obviously this isn’t the case because at least one elim messed with the Riot last cycle. I’m inclined to think there’s one and that they’re a Mistborn. Is that balanced? 

3 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

What do you mean? 

I have no idea about the distro implications I’m not good with that stuff. I guess I could see two more elims if both are vanilla? But obviously this isn’t the case because at least one elim messed with the Riot last cycle. I’m inclined to think there’s one and that they’re a Mistborn. Is that balanced? 

I don’t know, an opportunity to get Meerkat exed before Kangaroo? But it still would need info on Rioter!Swan.

Apparently Mistborn and Copper and Day turns mix poorly, so perhaps not.

4 hours ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

no idea. also, why kanga in this case? im agreeing with you here. Penguin is the next best.

Because the elims clearly want us to kill all the smokers.

Penguin is already village

And besides there are reasons for a v!mistborn not claiming in thread (if they drew bronze or iron this cycle)

12 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Elim Thug can be dangerous the same reason a Village Thug can be - in endgames, like this, when the Village is really counting on their exe going through successfully, only for them to survive and mess up the counts. Especially if there's enough nebulousness that the Elims can bus their own Thug instead of having to full commit towards a come-from-behind hammer. Plus... don't have any stats on this, but I'd wager that decently often an early-game Thug exe will get themselves more than just a cycle of life.

E!Seeker is dangerous, obviously. And E!Rioter... Rioters vs Soothers is weird. Rioters can pull off bigger swings if they leverage themselves right, but can also expose themselves much more easily than a Soother can. Rioter's probably stronger in my mind thanks to LG74-Rioter-Smoker-rules-shenanigans, but they're about the same. And Vote Manip's a good deal stronger in the hands of the informed Elim team.

TL:DR, Tyrian is actually pretty balanced, what do ya know.

Except Smokers, they only affect other roles and so they get the short end of the stick. Or do until E!Seekers and E!Rioters make the Village go running for their Copperclouds again.

Pretty sure it's just the one left. E!Thug isn't quite an extra Elim, but it's pretty close. And we only started with 25 players. AG8 and AG9 had five elims with 26 and 23, respectively.

Tyrian is fairly balanced, agreed.

46 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Apparently Mistborn and Copper and Day turns mix poorly, so perhaps not.

? Smoking is on by default isn’t it? Even if rolled by the mistborn on the same turn? 

Logically it is Meerkat before anybody else, ignoring gut because I do agree with Scorp that Meerkat’s posts from earlier were tonally very village/pure but if this is who I think it is, they haven’t had an elim game before so I guess I might’ve been underestimating them due to lack of an actual comparator. 

26 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

? Smoking is on by default isn’t it? Even if rolled by the mistborn on the same turn? 

Apparently, it's not. Mistborn default have it off, and you only get the special action to turn on or off on D1, not other turns. So a Mistborn can only Smoke during the day if they roll Smoker->Smoker.

Which isn't how I thought it worked, and now I'm trying to figure out if my Coppercloud's on or not. It was never near Meerkat, but would be nice to know where it actually is...