Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

The man formerly known as Nuen was no saint. Granted, skaa rarely experienced opportunities to prove their inherent virtuosity, but there was no doubt in his mind that Nuen had sinned more than the rest of them. He was the worst of the worst, and when he died, it had been well-deserved. Then he met God, for a reason that Endsayer still could not fathom, he’d been granted a second life. A true chance at redemption. And it all lead to Tyrian Falls.

Of course, Endsayer arrived late to the metaphorical party. In truth, he was exactly on time, but that was not how the local residents would perceive it. He’d traveled a long way to be here today, and his haggard vestments proved the harrows of his lone trek. Despite the claw-shaped rips across his torso and the bloodied ribbons of the once-white cloth, his exposed skin was unscarred and clean. His blunt face as bald and smooth as the rest of him, his eyes no less hard and dark as obsidian in stark contrast to his wide ivory smile.

”Greetings, Chosen Denizens of Tyrian Falls. You blessed few who are destined to preserve our world—or ruin it, should you fail. I have been sent by God to assist in this endeavor. I don’t mind if you don’t believe me, but now that I’m here, I see no harm in being allowed to participate in these proceedings. So tell me. Who are the current leading suspects and what evidence do you have?”

Edited by Fuchsia Ostrich

4 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

edit: ehhh cant say i disagree with more pressure there. @Chartreuse Penguin; why did you feel okay leaving your vote on weasel after they appeared? ik your initial vote was before they popped up, but you opted to leave it? why is that? did you find nothing more appealing?

Well for starters, I fell into a trap of “I’ll just do (thing) first, it won’t take long” and then it took far too long. 

I picked Weasel specifically, and hadn’t seen a reason to move. They logged on early (presumably) to view their role, but didn’t post for a while, even while having a unique CR that most others jumped to do. Maybe that’s faulty reasoning on my part (and maybe it applies to me a bit) but it is a reason. And nothing Weasel’s done has particularly shaken it.

Going to be a bit more busy this afternoon but I’ll try and get some other reads in.

6 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Z.png?ex=65a92896&is=6596b396&hm=ad467fa

Reveal hidden contents

image.png?ex=65a92a60&is=6596b560&hm=c75

I would upvote this if I could!

I'm afraid I cannot be here from now up till after rollover, seeing as Hyena has not posted anything new I am disinclined to move my vote. I would also add Azure Mouse to village reads, although with a caveat which may or may not simply self-resolve soon.

Edit: If anybody has questions for me specifically, please @ me with them because if I am able to check in before rollover I might not be able to read the whole thread but will try to answer questions

Edited by Oxblood Beagle

31 minutes ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

I picked Weasel specifically, and hadn’t seen a reason to move. They logged on early (presumably) to view their role, but didn’t post for a while, even while having a unique CR that most others jumped to do. Maybe that’s faulty reasoning on my part (and maybe it applies to me a bit) but it is a reason. And nothing Weasel’s done has particularly shaken it.

If anything I'd call that a reason to lean village. Lurkers can be evil, but only in some cases. I attribute e!lurkers to people who have at least some presence, or are at least trying to have a presence, whereas v!lurkers just don't care. In Weasel I see much more of the latter.

17 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Looks like they haven't been able to find a PHer so if anyone wants to just kill me today so that you don't really lose players you can

There are other options. I am certainly willing to accept you in this game-- that never changed. I'm confident that's a unanimous opinion even if tone is very difficult to parse, especially in these circumstances.

At the very least, I don't want to kill anyone for those reasons. This exe might not be as ticking of a time bomb as the recent BT, but I don't intend to use it in a way that doesn't really move the game forward.

2 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Well for starters, I fell into a trap of “I’ll just do (thing) first, it won’t take long” and then it took far too long. 

Going to be a bit more busy this afternoon but I’ll try and get some other reads in.

hm. @ me when you offer those reads

27 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

im feeling v-leaning from lion, and falcon, and pretty much all of the other memers. im not sure about everyone else.

why? why v lean for those two.

Reads List:

VR: Azure Mouse, Amethyst Scorpion, Emerald Falcon

VL: Amber Vulture, Coral Swan

N+: Oxblood Beagle, Magenta Albatross, Salmon Meerkat, Sage Kangaroo, Opal Lion, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron

N: Quartz Zebra, Plum Rhino, Cream Tuatara, Fuchsia Ostrich, Mauve Crocodile 

(N-):  Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Onyx Flamingo, Ivory Dragonfly

SL: Saffron Iguana, Sapphire Elephant

SR: 

As with any of my reads, individual reasons for any read can be provided. You just have to ask.

Just now, Pearl Chameleon said:

Reads List:

VR: Azure Mouse, Amethyst Scorpion, Emerald Falcon

VL: Amber Vulture, Coral Swan

N+: Oxblood Beagle, Magenta Albatross, Salmon Meerkat, Sage Kangaroo, Opal Lion, Melon Dingo, Mint Heron

N: Quartz Zebra, Plum Rhino, Cream Tuatara, Fuchsia Ostrich, Mauve Crocodile 

(N-):  Charcoal Hyena, Chartreuse Penguin, Onyx Flamingo, Ivory Dragonfly

SL: Saffron Iguana, Sapphire Elephant

SR: 

As with any of my reads, individual reasons for any read can be provided. You just have to ask.

Can you go into detail on your read of me, Falcon, Heron and Hyena?

1 hour ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:
2 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

If anything I'd call that a reason to lean village. Lurkers can be evil, but only in some cases. I attribute e!lurkers to people who have at least some presence, or are at least trying to have a presence, whereas v!lurkers just don't care. In Weasel I see much more of the latter.

Would you say Ivory Dragonfly fits the e!lurker description or the v!lurker description?

Just now, Saffron Iguana said:

Can you go into detail on your read of me, Falcon, Heron and Hyena?

Emerald Falcon: I reread through their posts, and the memes actually have some substance, especially the earlier ones. I also doubt an Elim would even try to draw that much attention with an attention-demanding playstyle, and there is also another big reason that I will not share in thread, lest the Lord ruler strike me down.

Mint Heron: I'll be honest I don't remember their posts too well, but I recall getting positive vibes from them.

Charcoal Hyena is the same, but I feel like they're holding back, or something. Something is not quite right there.

Saffron Iguana: Amethyst noted some continuity errors, and I agree. Your Chameleon vote felt also a bit strange as well, and the amount of backtracking you do is not making me feel any better. Again, vibes also are leaning me towards "trying to throw an anchor into the thread for my Elim team," but the reason why I haven't voted you is simply because it will be more beneficial to let you cook, persay, because if you are an elim, we have more content to analyze, and if you're village, it's going to be more prevalent.

Very abrupt reads

Spoiler

Take Up The Bow (Good or Null+):

• Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse
  • Emerald Falcon, Oxblood Beagle, Pearl Chameleon

Line of Sight (Null w/ text):

• Charcoal Hyena, Magenta Albatross, Onyx Flamingo, Opal Lion, Salmon Meerkat, Sapphire Elephant
  • Amber Vulture, Saffron Iguana

Wanted (Null w/o text):

• Cream Tuatara, Mint Heron
  • Anyone who I missed / forgot existed / is just generally not posting

Target Acquired (Null- or Evil):

• Coral Swan, Ivory Dragonfly, Plum Rhinoceros
  • Indigo Weasel

@Saffron Iguana, here you are.

Indigo Weasel, though I may come back to that. Ivory Dragonfly, will you take up the bow?

15 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

Sasha narrowed her eyes. Sage Kangaroo had entered the discussion with a solid point regarding Salmon Meerkat, but their resulting conclusion seemed...off. Coral Swan possesed some notable similarities to Meerkat in the vulnerability of their playstyle to the Spiked, and yet Kangaroo seemed to view the two of them quite differently.

"What are you playing at?" she whispered to herself.

On 1/3/2024 at 8:42 PM, Onyx Flamingo said:

M looked up together in confusion at the newcomer. “As the wisdom of many Tyrians past has assuredly told us, blessed one, ‘smoking saves lives,’ and most of all, those not your own, but why advertise your capacities, or lack thereof, with so many subversives in our midst? It is most unbecoming,” he mused, turning to her. She took up the chorus: “And if his dusty quotations will not convince you otherwise, you cannot argue with data. Villages which lose large numbers of Smokers die more quickly at a statistically significant rate, accounting, of course, for abberations in the datasets such as one record of a village where Smokers survived but simply did not burn their metals, and…”

@Amber Vulture

Spoiler

Yoda-Master-Qui-Gon.gif

Vote Tally

Charcoal Hyena (3): Amethyst Scorpion, Onyx Flamingo, Oxblood Beagle
Ivory Dragonfly (3): Amber Vulture, Chartreuse Penguin, Emerald Falcon
Coral Swan (2): Sage Kangaroo, Salmon Meerkat
Sapphire Elephant (2): Ivory Dragonfly, Pearl Chameleon

Amethyst Scorpion (1): Sapphire Elephant
Azure Mouse (1): Opal Lion
Chartreuse Penguin (1): Azure Mouse
Mint Heron (1): Saffron Iguana
Oxblood Beagle (1): Mint Heron
Saffron Iguana (1): Melon Dingo
Salmon Meerkat (1): Coral Swan
Melon Dingo (1): Charcoal Hyena

1 hour ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Would you say Ivory Dragonfly fits the e!lurker description or the v!lurker description?

Emerald Falcon: I reread through their posts, and the memes actually have some substance, especially the earlier ones. I also doubt an Elim would even try to draw that much attention with an attention-demanding playstyle, and there is also another big reason that I will not share in thread, lest the Lord ruler strike me down.

Mint Heron: I'll be honest I don't remember their posts too well, but I recall getting positive vibes from them.

Charcoal Hyena is the same, but I feel like they're holding back, or something. Something is not quite right there.

Saffron Iguana: Amethyst noted some continuity errors, and I agree. Your Chameleon vote felt also a bit strange as well, and the amount of backtracking you do is not making me feel any better. Again, vibes also are leaning me towards "trying to throw an anchor into the thread for my Elim team," but the reason why I haven't voted you is simply because it will be more beneficial to let you cook, persay, because if you are an elim, we have more content to analyze, and if you're village, it's going to be more prevalent.

Hmm, fair enough. I generally assumed that that was pre-distro though and thus i didn't wanna read into memes in general as the playstyle being alignment indicitive. I don't see why an elim couldnt use a meme playstyle. Otherwise Noted.

Mmmm, I've kind of felt the opposite about them. If you'd wanna talk about this more then I'd appreciate it, but I don't think it needs to happen soon.

Noted. I think I tl them early for some reason though, I'd have to give a looksee (which I may have mentioned wanting to do sooner, oops. Oh well.)

Eh but I personally disagree with Amethyst's notation. I guess I can see it but its still something I disagree with as reasoning. What about my vote on you did you feel odd? And what backtracking? What about my behaviour is "throwing an anchor" for my supposed elim team? I guess its fair to let me cook then, but it's kind of meh otherwise. I don't mind suspicion on me, but I want to understand why, I guess.