Deader (Allomantic iron+Feruchemical iron) Twinborn Slingshot?

LightRinger

Reading the MAG manuals, got me thinking. Do y'all think a Deader (compounding Iron Twinborn) could make themself really heavy, pull on a building, then start storing weight hard to launch themself like a slingshot? Just thinking...

Edited by LightRinger

1 hour ago, LightRinger said:

Reading the MAG manuals, got me thinking. Do y'all think a Deader (compounding Iron Twinborn) could make themself really heavy, pull on a building, then start storing weight hard to launch themself like a slingshot? Just thinking...

To an extent, yes. Wax used a similar tactic in SoS; he reduced his weight after each Steelpush when chasing Bleeder, giving himself slight bursts of extra speed.

A Deader Twinborn could probably slingshot themselves then, but it's effectiveness depends on the extent that weight manipulation can influence Steelpushing and Ironpulling in regard to their speed- if the speed they normally can generate via Ironpull/Steelpush is not influenced by increasing weight, then increasing weight during the pull and then reducing it suddenly should give them significantly greater speed in their jump.

I always assumed that the idea of conservation of momentum meant that if your Skimmer was flying at a set speed and then they became half the weight they would move twice as fast.  Or if they became twice as heavy midflight they would slow down by half. 

But I know nothing of physics and this would be greatly limited by air resistance and such also.  I imagine they would be confronted with some serious Gs when making sudden changes as well.  Perhaps the iron feruchemy would protect them.