Kelsier and the mists

Fallen Rope

Most of cognitive entities can bond to people, the cognitive entities that can are all sentient.

Since seons, nightblood and spren can create bonds, what about cognitive shadows.

What would happen if Kelsier created a bond with someone, could they become a mistborn. I think they would not be able to use metals, they would have to use the mists. 

Kelsier letting someone use the mists would make sense as he is "the lord of the mists"

Oooh. Not a bad Idea, I hadn't really thought of it before, but knowing that the worlds are all connected, it makes sense. It will be interesting to see how Kelsier works in the more modern Mistborn books such as 'Alloy of Law'.
I mean how much power does he have?
I think technecly, him being Kelsier doesn't just magically grant him any abilities, any man who died might go wherever he is, but because the Skaa chose him to be their deity. . . I wonder if Sazed pulled some strings for him :) Or if being a Mistborn carries over somehow to whatever afterlife they have.

Edited by Melaan

I think Kelsier kept a piece of Preservation, if that would have broken the balance with Ruin Kelsier would of just borrowed a splinter before Sazed ascended.

The amount of power Kelsier has would depend on how must he borrowed. Sazed would let him keep his power but he wouldn’t give him anymore.

I can imagine Kelsier often asks Sazed for a new body.

Kelsier “Hi Sazed, remember how I help save the world, I think I deserve a new body because of it”

Sazed “Sorry, it would upset the balance”

Kelsier “Rusts, well I was thinking of a Holiday, I wonder what my powers would do on Roshar?”

Sazed “Kelsier, you need to stop interfering”

Kelsier “I don’t start interfering, I just change a few things that need changing, I wouldn’t be able to interfere across the cosmere if I have a body keeping me here.”

If Kelsier did go to Roshar what would his powers there be, I now want SA3 to have a scene with Kelsier, Nightblood and the stormfather.

Edited by Fallen Rope

I don't think he has a piece of preservation. His Cognitive Shadow isn't due to anything physically or mystically significant about him. He wasn't physically or mystically significant. His Cognitive Shadow remains because it is worshipped. Because it is so important and defined by so many people on Scadrial, he doesn't move on to whatever afterlife there is in the Cosmere. This doesn't necessarily give him any powers at all.

I don't think he has a piece of preservation. His Cognitive Shadow isn't due to anything physically or mystically significant about him. He wasn't physically or mystically significant. His Cognitive Shadow remains because it is worshipped. Because it is so important and defined by so many people on Scadrial, he doesn't move on to whatever afterlife there is in the Cosmere. This doesn't necessarily give him any powers at all.

I agree. At least for the most part. I'm sure Kell will be important later, but again not because he himself has power to be important, but because people believe he's important.

A cognitive shadow is basicly a ghost. It is a person with out their phyisical body so they live as their cognitive and spirtual parts in the cognitive realm. Kelsier might be able to do this because he has the cognitive aspect of being a God.

There are two reasons I think Kelsier has a spliner of Preservation

One Kelsier would likely keep a piece.

Two all cognitive entitys seem to have spliners. Seons have aons, Nightblood has breaths and spren have spliners.

Edited by Fallen Rope

• Chaos locked this topic