Am I the Only One Who...

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Also true but equally unrelated story: I refused to eat hot dogs and hush puppies for years because I thought they were actually made from our canine friends. 

I see your Grace Coolidge and raise you….whatever the heck this is. 

vintage-beauty-salon-equipment-2.jpg

When I was four I deliberately shoved a puzzle piece inside of an air vent where nobody ever found it. Six years later I burst into tears and confessed of of my sin. #reasons-i'd-make-a-terrible-supervillain

The weirdness contest is too much for me... why don't we have a tooth-pulling contest instead?

138894.jpg

When I was four I deliberately shoved a puzzle piece inside of an air vent where nobody ever found it. Six years later I burst into tears and confessed of of my sin. #reasons-i'd-make-a-terrible-supervillain

The weirdness contest is too much for me... why don't we have a tooth-pulling contest instead?

138894.jpg

The sort of supervillain who confesses immediately, maybe. So, perfect for Silver Age Superman comics. :P 

Tooth-pulling contests? Why not something more fun, like a dance marathon? 

See? They're having the time of their lives right now. Dance_marathon,_1923.jpg

Phew. I avoided posting here to keep from having to give daunting statistics about the Great Depression, but now it's 1941. Poland and Czechoslovakia have been invaded several years prior, Great Britain has entered the war by this point, and at the end of the year, Pearl Harbor will be bombed. 

It's not much happier than the Great Depression, but it did give the Greatest Generation their name—and with good reason. 

7999358-wwii-us-marine-corps-officer-in-

And we salute you. 

Mild political satire below the spoiler.

2016: Presidential elections are held in the United States. Neither candidate does much actual campaigning, preferring instead to call the other party and other party's candidate names. Stump speeches consist of long lists of affairs held by the other candidate, while commercials attempt to frighten, shock, and/or offend the American people into voting for the candidate they represent. Americans have had enough and put both candidates in time-out. Elections are delayed until the following year while Americans seek out two candidates who can act like adults. :P

I love the system we have in America, and I love this country. But c'mon, is it too much to ask that candidates not resort to "pushing granny off the fiscal cliff" commercials to get our attention?

And now I'm in the present. Sadly, I missed posting during all the years of my favorite nostalgic TV shows—Kim Possible, Static Shock, Recessbut at least I'm caught up. One more upvote and I will move into the future. 

I'd lend you my copy of The Complete Encyclopedia of the Third Millennium, but my parole officer from the Legion of Time says it would cause a Level V paradox.  <_< What a worrywart.

Day 369 of my journey into Zongunthia:

Life in the Village of Reeds has changed. The Stiltwalkers have finally accepted me as an equal, for I have wrangled the legendary Chun-tor-rah. My Stilts have been marked with the chai-rey-nah and I carry a spear tipped with a spike of Chun-tor-rah. However, despite my newly earned status, Kwygo warns me that Mu-kai-rah has only grown angrier, and he will strike within a Growing. The confrontation looms, but I must find the relic before the Stifler comes...

From the Grey Log of the Fatebreaker.

Edited by Fatebreaker

Twi, you are now in the not too distant future, soyou have to show us how we got from here, to This:

3315. The first cyborg was elected President of the Neon Union, marking a point of significant progress for the InClusionist political party. President Thomas Benson (serial number 219034359uu320) went on to reflush the Titanian economy and mend relations with the Empire of the Tainted Blood.

It was an interesting year in many ways.

Twi, you are now in the not too distant future, soyou have to show us how we got from here, to This:

Well. It's 2042, and Apple has become not only a worldwide corporation, but a mega corporation, with world leaders looking to Apple for leadership advice in this digital age. A current controversy surrounds what will most likely be a successful attempt to upload Steve Jobs' consciousness into a computer, whether he will be truly alive, and whether the iSteve will be legally able to run for President, as many in the Apple Party hope.

Well. It's 2042, and Apple has become not only a worldwide corporation, but a mega corporation, with world leaders looking to Apple for leadership advice in this digital age. A current controversy surrounds what will most likely be a successful attempt to upload Steve Jobs' consciousness into a computer, whether he will be truly alive, and whether the iSteve will be legally able to run for President, as many in the Apple Party hope.

I keep coming back to this to snicker over iSteve.

275618__safe_twilight-sparkle_rarity_tri 

And in 1252, Pope Innocent IV issued the Ad extirpanda. It was a papal bull, allowing the use of torture on heretics by the Inquisition, albeit torture which did not result in the loss of either limbs or life. Given how creative people can be, I'm sure that wasn't much of a deterrent. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know about Kobold, but you know what I did in 1662? Only wiped an entire species out of existence.

According to Wikipedia anyway (and with the exact date being unknown), 1662 was the year the Dodo went extinct, among other things.

It could be from different subspecies going extinct , then when the entire genus was wiped out.

Whut? Why'd you have to go all...boring...on us?

In the year 66, war broke out in Judea and the Romans kicked butt. That must me important (boring), because it's all Google will say.

Also, after Order 66, Jar Jar Binks died. Just an Easter egg, a little nugget you can wrap up and enjoy later.