Starfall - A Love RP

Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

'Have you taken a shower?"

Mae stopped in front of him.

He stands up, swaying a little. “For #@$% sake!” He picks up his chair and turns it just a little bit so that he can see out the window past her. He could have certainly done this while sitting but he wasn’t really thinking. “Give a man a break.” He mumbles, his words slurring slightly. 

20 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He stands up, swaying a little. “For #@$% sake!” He picks up his chair and turns it just a little bit so that he can see out the window past her. He could have certainly done this while sitting but he wasn’t really thinking. “Give a man a break.” He mumbles, his words slurring slightly. 

"Cedric,"

Mae hesitated.

Then she just shook her head, turned around, and left.

32 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"If you wish. I am... here, though."

"And I am not."

She sighed.

"Yet at the same time, I am, unfortunately."

Looking out the window, she spoke with a melancholic tone, "It's funny how our lives play out sometimes."

8 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"And I am not."

She sighed.

"Yet at the same time, I am, unfortunately."

Looking out the window, she spoke with a melancholic tone, "It's funny how our lives play out sometimes."

"Do you fully give up on my proposed possibility?"

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Do you fully give up on my proposed possibility?"

"I believe fate has cut all bleeding strands of hope. Time and time again, I have found that this is the best way. The only way."

She looked at him.

"I hope you can understand, however, that I cannot speak only for myself. I speak, too, on the behalf of a child."

She stood up carefully and walked to the mirror.

"I cannot be the mother of an illegitimate child. I wouldn't do that to the baby. I wouldn't do that to myself. Starting life new and innocent... Yet at the scorned disadvantage of society."

She applied a dark shade of lipstick slowly as she spoke.

"And even if we only have months left. Even if I only see the face of the infant for a few weeks of my life-- even if I only hear for brief seconds the sound of young laughter-- Accepting your proposal and denying Cedric's would mean that I could never wash myself clean of any crystal tear shed by the child. Because I know that I and I alone have damned the infant to such a miserable life."

She set down her lipstick.

"And so many of us live those lives these days, I do wonder how we've gotten this far before the starfall of our society."

Just now, Lotus Blossom said:

"I believe fate has cut all bleeding strands of hope. Time and time again, I have found that this is the best way. The only way."

She looked at him.

"I hope you can understand, however, that I cannot speak only for myself. I speak, too, on the behalf of a child."

She stood up carefully and walked to the mirror.

"I cannot be the mother of an illegitimate child. I wouldn't do that to the baby. I wouldn't do that to myself. Starting life new and innocent... Yet at the scorned disadvantage of society."

She applied a dark shade of lipstick slowly as she spoke.

"And even if we only have months left. Even if I only see the face of the infant for a few weeks of my life-- even if I only hear for brief seconds the sound of young laughter-- Accepting your proposal and denying Cedric's would mean that I could never wash myself clean of any crystal tear shed by the child. Because I know that I and I alone have damned the infant to such a miserable life."

She set down her lipstick.

"And so many of us live those lives these days, I do wonder how we've gotten this far before the starfall of our society."

"I will not condemn you or the child to misery." He sighed. "I cannot force you to do anything, of course, but I ask that you consider hope and trust."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I will not condemn you or the child to misery." He sighed. "I cannot force you to do anything, of course, but I ask that you consider hope and trust."

She laughed bitterly.

"Hope and trust are child's play. Intellect and betrayal are the goblets of the aristocracy."

She paused.

"And those, of course, who care for neither, drink wine."

She laughed bitterly.

"Hope and trust are child's play. Intellect and betrayal are the goblets of the aristocracy."

She paused.

"And those, of course, who care for neither, drink wine."

"I am neither child nor aristocracy strictly, though in some ways I am both."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I am neither child nor aristocracy strictly, though in some ways I am both."

"I am neither, never been either, though I've wished so dearly for one or the other."

She traced her hand on her sapphire jeweled necklace on her neck. She had clasped it there earlier today, although she still didn't feel well.

"I am neither, never been either, though I've wished so dearly for one or the other."

She traced her hand on her sapphire jeweled necklace on her neck. She had clasped it there earlier today, although she still didn't feel well.

"You could try, Mae. There's more to this than you know yet. I've told you there is yet a chance for the world, and there is one for you too."

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You could try, Mae. There's more to this than you know yet. I've told you there is yet a chance for the world, and there is one for you too."

"Does this world deserve another chance?" She said, with bitter bile as she pressed hard on the largest sapphire. She then looked up into the mirror, seeing him through the view. "Do I?"

47 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Does this world deserve another chance?" She said, with bitter bile as she pressed hard on the largest sapphire. She then looked up into the mirror, seeing him through the view. "Do I?"

"Yes," Envoy said quietly. His eyes met hers through the mirror.