Likeness to Fullmetal Alchemist

Aon Ati

SPOILERS TO FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.

I know this isn't much as a form of discussion, but it occurred to me that the sunhearts are very similar to the philosophers stone in Fullmetal Alchemist. They're both sources of power that are condensed human souls that power the magics of in their worlds. I had thought that Sanderson hadn't read or seen Fullmetal Alchemist, so these two things being so similar is humorous to me.

But that was all, just a funny observation and connection between two different stories.

1 hour ago, Aon Ati said:

SPOILERS TO FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST.

I know this isn't much as a form of discussion, but it occurred to me that the sunhearts are very similar to the philosophers stone in Fullmetal Alchemist. They're both:

Spoiler

sources of power that are condensed human souls that power the magics of in their worlds. I had thought that Sanderson hadn't read or seen Fullmetal Alchemist, so these two things being so similar is humorous to me.

But that was all, just a funny observation and connection between two different stories.

Thanks. Sounds interesting. 

If it's a series you recommend, you may consider submitting it to the recommended reading thread