SP1 Fanart (New here, not sure about spoiler rules, so title is very vague)

Henry Wong 327

I believe Tress is no longer considered in a spoiler period (you can tell because the forum for it is no longer in the spoiler section of the Shard's forum list). I don't know specific dates for spoiler periods though, you'll have to ask someone else.

As for titles, it should be fine to post a title with spoilers if it's in the book's designated forum. For outside of that forum (like here in the fan works) I would tread lightly, and avoid spoilers, but it wouldn't necessarily be against the rules to mention a spoiler. Tress is no longer in a spoiler period, and so can be freely discussed outside its forums. For things still in the spoiler period, referring to spoilers outside of the designated forum would get you in trouble (currently that's Yumi and Sunlit Man). 

Just generally be respectful and a glance at the spoiler zone here on the shard will tell you what books you can't talk about outside of their forums.

Also, you can post images in the gallery if you'd like (it's an option when you create a new post) but having an art thread is cool too!

I think the drawing is beautiful!

36 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

I believe Tress is no longer considered in a spoiler period (you can tell because the forum for it is no longer in the spoiler section of the Shard's forum list). I don't know specific dates for spoiler periods though, you'll have to ask someone else.

As for titles, it should be fine to post a title with spoilers if it's in the book's designated forum. For outside of that forum (like here in the fan works) I would tread lightly, and avoid spoilers, but it wouldn't necessarily be against the rules to mention a spoiler. Tress is no longer in a spoiler period, and so can be freely discussed outside its forums. For things still in the spoiler period, referring to spoilers outside of the designated forum would get you in trouble (currently that's Yumi and Sunlit Man). 

Just generally be respectful and a glance at the spoiler zone here on the shard will tell you what books you can't talk about outside of their forums.

Also, you can post images in the gallery if you'd like (it's an option when you create a new post) but having an art thread is cool too!

I think the drawing is beautiful!

Alright thanks.

What's the pros and cons between posting to the gallery and posting here? Or should I just do both?

27 minutes ago, Henry Wong 327 said:

Alright thanks.

What's the pros and cons between posting to the gallery and posting here? Or should I just do both?

hmmm I think your art has the potential to be seen more in the gallery, because gallery images pop up on the side of the shard's homepage:

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-11-131_06_48PM.thumb.png.73bfb78fc814c140ad8c41a9ef881e93.png

That being said having a thread could also have it's benefits if you plan on posting lots of art. Using the gallery, you can organize your art into albums that are book specific, so that's something to consider. Ultimately it's up to you. Personally I post my fanart in the gallery, and then I have my personal non-Brandon related work in a thread in the Creative Corner forum. 

7 hours ago, Henry Wong 327 said:

Anyways here's my fanart of the scene where they cross into the Crimson Sea.

It's so pretty! I actually like this a bit better than the art that was in the book, because it very much bothered me that there was no mixing of the seas in the image. It's literally stated in the book that the seas mix when they meet, and then the change was so stark in the picture that it really threw me off. 

Your drawing is very whimsical and cozy looking. I really like it!