The way of kings?

Bob

I guess it depends on what you mean by "pick up".  There are sections where the action moves along quite nicely in the middle of the book, but then there are parts that deal with exploring the world and the characters, which many (including myself) find quite enjoyable.  That said, the end of the novel, as is typical of Sanderson, ends with a rush in the last 100 or so pages.

And I'm not sure what you mean by part 1 and 2.  Do you mean which is better between Way of Kings and Words of Radiance?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "pick up".  There are sections where the action moves along quite nicely in the middle of the book, but then there are parts that deal with exploring the world and the characters, which many (including myself) find quite enjoyable.  That said, the end of the novel, as is typical of Sanderson, ends with a rush in the last 100 or so pages.

And I'm not sure what you mean by part 1 and 2.  Do you mean which is better between Way of Kings and Words of Radiance?

In some places, the Way of Kings was split into two books. I know it happened in the UK, but I happened to get a single copy of it (same with ADwD, actually).

As for the question...depends on where your at and what you think of the characters. Personally, on my first read through I found Kaladins sections to drag a little.

In some places, the Way of Kings was split into two books. I know it happened in the UK, but I happened to get a single copy of it (same with ADwD, actually).

As for the question...depends on where your at and what you think of the characters. Personally, on my first read through I found Kaladins sections to drag a little.

I loved Kaladin's section in WoK  :wub:  They were my favorite: next came Adolin, then Dalinar, then Shallan.

Hi

Just wondering, when does The Way of Kings really pick up pace?

Also, which do you think is better part 1 or 2?

Thanks?

The Way of Kings is very much a set-up book, which is what you'd expect from the first book in a planned ten-volume serial epic fantasy story. I definitely find that it picks up in the second half, which I would assume corresponds to your part 2. Trust me, if you bear with it, you are in for a treat towards the end. Shallan's story doesn't really "pick up", per se, but it stops about 2/3 through and picks up with a few fascinating chapters at the very end. Both Kaladin's and Dalinar's stories get more engaging in the second half, and the book builds up to the requisite Sanderson Avalanche.

• Chaos locked this topic