A Question for the Future of Komashi (probably a divisive one)

Duxredux

A Question for the Future of Komashi (probably a divisive one)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. If the future of Komashi had yoki-hijo as the Cosmere equivalent of anime magical girls (possibly fighting the Shades of the Night Brigade) what would be your opinion?

• I'm down for this.
    • STAHP burn it with fire
    • I'm so conflicted. I don't know if I want Brandon to go down this route, but I wouldn't necessarily be against it.
    • ...no comment. Moving on.

So... on a thread in the YatNP board I realized that there's groundwork in place for Yumi as the immortal yoki-hijo in the distant future training a new batch of yoki-hijo to participate in the grand Cosmere War. The thing is, the yoki-hijo have to be girls, and they have to follow specific rituals (maybe not even being seen, not sure how important that one was for Yumi). A decent number of magics in the future will directly be tied to what are basically cognitive beings of Investiture including the Night Brigade's army of Shades and the spren of Radiants. Maybe add in the Fused, who knows. The yoki-hijo have the potential to be incredibly Invested beings aaaand... they might end up being important to the war.

The oh-no part for me was realizing that they genuinely have a decent reason to magically transform into ornate outfits - if they command hijo to do so and use hijo as their own equivalent of  Shardblade and Shardplate. Invested clothing is actually reasonable. Sigh.

If magical girl anime isn't your thing, that's okay. My favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and I am not watching the new movie that's been announced until someone else does and tells me if it's going to be a kick to the teeth or not. 

I do kind of have to ask: @Frustration, if this is the way the Komashi's fire power index gets raised how would you feel about it? I seem to recall that you were disappointed with how low power it currently is.

Edited by Duxredux

2 hours ago, Duxredux said:

So... on a thread in the YatNP board I realized that there's groundwork in place for Yumi as the immortal yoki-hijo in the distant future training a new batch of yoki-hijo to participate in the grand Cosmere War. The thing is, the yoki-hijo have to be girls, and they have to follow specific rituals (maybe not even being seen, not sure how important that one was for Yumi). A decent number of magics in the future will directly be tied to what are basically cognitive beings of Investiture including the Night Brigade's army of Shades and the spren of Radiants. Maybe add in the Fused, who knows. The yoki-hijo have the potential to be incredibly Invested beings aaaand... they might end up being important to the war.

The oh-no part for me was realizing that they genuinely have a decent reason to magically transform into ornate outfits - if they command hijo to do so and use hijo as their own equivalent of  Shardblade and Shardplate. Invested clothing is actually reasonable. Sigh.

If magical girl anime isn't your thing, that's okay. My favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and I am not watching the new that's been announced movie until someone else does and tells me if it's going to be a kick to the teeth or not. 

I do kind of have to ask: @Frustration, if this is the way the Komashi's fire power index gets raised how would you feel about it? I seem to recall that you were disappointed with how low power it currently is.

I'd personally love it if the Yoki-Hijo made a return, it's definitely one of my favorite magic systems, though I don't know how much of a power boost it would be because TV dramas work... Somehow.

Though I feel like using them as frontline fighters would be a massive tactical error. Their power set is more suited to mass production, especially with how long it takes them to actually bind the spirits.

3 hours ago, Duxredux said:

If magical girl anime isn't your thing, that's okay. My favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Magica and I am not watching the new that's been announced movie until someone else does and tells me if it's going to be a kick to the teeth or not. 

You also have to remember- the Yoki Hijo aren't the only magic system on Komashi. The other way (Komashins?) could become a greater power in the cosmere is with the Hion lines. If they could somehow figure out how to disconnect the hion from the main planet, then they could use that to power a form of power suit, maybe? Komashi could have both Magical Girls and Power Rangers. (Note: I haven't read Yumi since it came out, and I might be getting some facts wrong. Please feel free to correct me.) (Also, why is this in Sunlit spoilers? lol)