Officially Delurking!

Khestra

Hey there! I'm officially delurking :) I'm one of those funny little Jordan fans who grew bored with the series, and read The Gathering Storm out of sheer curiosity when I'd heard the series was being finished by this dude I'd never heard of...

...And then wham! I was sucker-punched by Brandon's coolness and ability to breath life back into a series I'd nearly given up! At that point I figured if this was what he turned out while under the constraint of another author's foundation, I really had to check out what he could do when turned loose on a keyboard.

Someone suggested I read Mistborn first, and so I picked it up. I seriously read the line "Kelsier burned tin" three times while blinking like an idiot until I realized that this was Brandon's take on a "magic" system, and then I distinctly remember breaking into a cold sweat and eating through the rest of the book in a few short hours.

Then Elantris and Warbreaker, and I about pulled my hair out when I stumbled onto this site and learned about the Cosmos.

It's been all downhill from there, and I have the bad habit of re-reading his books directly after finishing them. I held off on reading WoK until he announced he'd finished the first draft of AMoL, as I figured I didn't want to get involved with his admittedly epic series which didn't yet have a sequel, and won't until after AMoL is done and released.

...Which of course means after finishing WoK, I rean through Alcatraz, then started my re-read of WoK yesterday. I think I may actually need help.

Jordan who??

Well at least I'll have an outlet for my Cosmos mania. I tried to have a discussion about the subject with a friend who hasn't read any of Sanderson's books, and I have the distinct impression I came across as a nutball.

"So okay there are these Shards--"

"Shards?"

"Yes and they--"

"Wait, like glass shards? And so Hoid is who again?"

"...just...nevermind..."

Hey there Khestra, great to have you aboard... I totally didnt know what the second word in your title was or meant....I had to actively read it ¬.¬ lol I just took it as 'something like spelunking' XD

I'm glad you enjoyed Brandon so much, for indeed he is just amazingly good at what he does :D

Joe

Well at least I'll have an outlet for my Cosmos mania. I tried to have a discussion about the subject with a friend who hasn't read any of Sanderson's books, and I have the distinct impression I came across as a nutball.

"So okay there are these Shards--"

"Shards?"

"Yes and they--"

"Wait, like glass shards? And so Hoid is who again?"

"...just...nevermind..."

Hey, I know that conversation really really really well! We're glad to have you here.

And don't worry. You're not the only one obsessed. ;)

• Chaos locked this topic