Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

13 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Clinic: Ash's Office

Its just broken. Damaged.

Can we fix it?

My magic can help at the very least but I'm not sure how to fully restore it.

"I'm gone send another light. Hopefully it should help."

Another bar of golden light moved around the lights. It moved around and did it's absolute best to heal as much as possible.

Tell me how much that helped.

32 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Works for me.

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Ash's Office

Its just broken. Damaged.

Can we fix it?

My magic can help at the very least but I'm not sure how to fully restore it.

"I'm gone send another light. Hopefully it should help."

Another bar of golden light moved around the lights. It moved around and did it's absolute best to heal as much as possible.

It gave it more substance, which is quickly able to adapt and begin restoring connections and self.

After a moment, more light began to appear, points of varying size and brightness. This time, they seemed to form something cohesive in the shape of a person, though with few features.

@InfiniteInsanity

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

He reached for the doorknob of his room. When it didn't yield to his initial soft pull, Thaidakar ripped it back. it shattered as he threw it at the wall behind him. The knob crumped in his fingers and he clenched further into a spindle as he walked into his room. 

Around him were his trappings of old, his bed, his desk, his things. A power worked in him, drawing him to the desk. He dragged his finger over it, lifting half an inch of dust. He opened his laptop and the mechanical light bathed him in blues. His eyes blazed red in combat. 

It was open to an overview of a battle. The battle. There were their assets, there were the enemies, there were the walls, there were the different sectors...

And there was Thaidakar.

In a spasm of hurt that bubbled and trickled through his veins, power blazed from his eyes and incinerated the laptop. The slag dried on to the floor, melting the floorboards.

A book lay open on the bed. Wiping the dust away, Thaid picked it up and read a few lines. He trembled, dropping the book. Pain roared in him, but he silenced it. In a mirror above his desk, something flickered. Thaidakar turned sharply, "Get out of my head..." his voice was hoarse, rippling with exhaustion and worry.

A thing of red with black eyes stared him back, a toothy grin adorning its fell features. "Hello, my child."

The mirror shattered, the wall behind it charred from the fiery energy Thaidakar had thrown at it.

The thing leered at him from the shards on the ground, its voice carrying around him, "I am your past, present and future, Thaidakar, my son. You are mine. Together, we will do great things. They have not cared about you. No, once you became your own person, free from their ridiculousness, they saw you as less than a man. A memory. And you are much much more than that... They don't deserve you."

A scream ripped from his throat. His eyes snapped closed and he buried the voice as far into the back of his mind as possible. When his eyes opened, there was nothing in the mirror. He was safe.

And, yet, somehow he expected a voice to say, "Lies..." It never came.

59 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She picked up the pace when she heard his footfalls. He still moved slightly faster, though.

That can't be good. She pushed the panic button under the desk and sent out an urgent telepathic pulse of emotion to anyone willing to listen.

@Edema Rue @The Bookwyrm @InfiniteInsanity @Medium @The Aspiring Archivist

@InfiniteInsanity

Bookwyrm felt the call sound through his mind.

And he very clearly felt it's source, far across the shifting tides of universes.

The Clinic.

Bookwyrm grabbed Insa's hand and threw them across reality towards the source of that call.

The Clinic: Lobby

The two landed on the floor of the lobby.

"Sorry I took us without warning," Bookwyrm said to Insa. "I felt a way home and had to take it." He stood up and offered her his hand.

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

I don't know if Thaid would have been able to realize that Bookwyrm had shown up.

@Spark of Hope

And I don't know if Sunny's still around to notice them arrive.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@InfiniteInsanity

Bookwyrm felt the call sound through his mind.

And he very clearly felt it's source, far across the shifting tides of universes.

The Clinic.

Bookwyrm grabbed Insa's hand and threw them across reality towards the source of that call.

The Clinic: Lobby

The two landed on the floor of the lobby.

"Sorry I took us without warning," Bookwyrm said to Insa. "I felt a way home and had to take it." He stood up and offered her his hand.

@Spark of Hope

Sunny went over to them. "Are you here because of..."

They may recognize her, I dropped her in as one of the Clinic's librarians

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Sunny went over to them. "Are you here because of..."

"The call? Yes."

Bookwyrm took a minute to identify Sunny in his mind. She's a librarian, he eventually realized. They'd taken on some new staff after the Kaotic War, but he'd been gone for months looking for a prison for Saar with Insa, and so his memory needed a jog.

Not that the search came to much in the end anyway...

He paused that train of thought. Moping wouldn't do any good right now.

"What's the matter?" he asked Sunny.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"The call? Yes."

Bookwyrm took a minute to identify Sunny in his mind. She's a librarian, he eventually realized. They'd taken on some new staff after the Kaotic War, but he'd been gone for months looking for a prison for Saar with Insa, and so his memory needed a jog.

Not that the search came to much in the end anyway...

He paused that train of thought. Moping wouldn't do any good right now.

"What's the matter?" he asked Sunny.

"Someone showed up a bit ago. I didn't recognize him, but he already had a room and said he knew Calano."

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

You're talking in a lot of memes today

Not that I'm judging or complaining

I often do the same

You're talking in a lot of memes today

Not that I'm judging or complaining

I often do the same

hey, when you finally make a scene that you've been foreshadowing for a long time, you get excited. When I get excited, I talk in memes.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Someone showed up a bit ago. I didn't recognize him, but he already had a room and said he knew Calano."

"Knew Calano...wait."

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, virtually re-tracing the familiar outlay of the Clinic. He felt an unnerving darkness flooding from a very familiar room number.

A presence stood in the source of the darkness. A familiar mind. A hero, a friend.

Thaidakar.

Bookwyrm set off in a run, leaving Sunny and Insa behind.

@InfiniteInsanity

...Sorry I left you.

As he ran, Bookwyrm sent out a mental message.

Thaid? Are you okay?

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Knew Calano...wait."

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind, virtually re-tracing the familiar outlay of the Clinic. He felt an unnerving darkness flooding from a very familiar room number.

A presence stood in the source of the darkness. A familiar mind. A hero, a friend.

Thaidakar.

@InfiniteInsanity

Thaid? Are you okay?

I need to get these books back to the library. Stay in touch and I'll find you.

I need to get these books back to the library. Stay in touch and I'll find you.

I don't know if it would be a good idea to meet back up with me. Something's wrong. Just let me take care of it.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Knew Calano...wait."

Thaidakar.

@InfiniteInsanity

Thaid? Are you okay?

His message was met by a wall of pain and anguish. One phrase was being repeated again and again as sharp needles of grief surged against Bookwyrm, pushing him away from Thaidakar's mind.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

His message was met by a wall of pain and anguish. One phrase was being repeated again and again as sharp needles of grief surged against Bookwyrm, pushing him away from Thaidakar's mind.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Bookwyrm winced at the piercing mantra, and blocked off the connection.

Ooookay. Something is very wrong.

Bookwyrm reached Thaidakar's room, found the door torn open and discarded, found the room in tatters, found Thaid in the middle of it all.

Would he be able to see evil figure, or is that all in Thaid's head?

Bookwyrm winced at the piercing mantra, and blocked off the connection.

Ooookay. Something is very wrong.

Bookwyrm reached Thaidakar's room, found the door torn open and discarded, found the room in tatters, found Thaid in the middle of it all.

its in thaid's mind

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Thaidakar's jaw was clenched, his eyes burning with fiery magic. Tears glowing with the same fire dripped down his cheeks. His tears evaporated swiftly and he floated into the air a few feet. His eyes fixed on the bird and bookwyrm and his lip trembled.

"You're not real..." he whispered.

Just now, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar's jaw was clenched, his eyes burning with fiery magic. Tears glowing with the same fire dripped down his cheeks. His tears evaporated swiftly and he floated into the air a few feet. His eyes fixed on the bird and bookwyrm and his lip trembled.

Odin Raven V squawks "I absolutely am, sir. Lets talk about stuff"

1 minute ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Well, snuff. No use trying to convince him...

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Bookwyrm eyed the strange bird. "Not helping."

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Well, snuff. No use trying to convince him...

Bookwyrm eyed the strange bird. "Not helping."

"Why..." he whispered. Before letting them respond, a bubble of energy exploded from him, knocking the bird and Bookwyrm back into the wall. "WHY?"