Why did Nomad Think...

JohnnyKaizen

Spoiler

...Kaladin is alive?  I am just going to put this entire thing in a spoiler tag, as this happens pretty early on in the book.

I realize that Sanderson could have written this one-liner to be tricky, but it honestly reads to me like Nomad thinks Kaladin is standing there with his back turned and he's about to talk to his buddy..who would be well over 100 years old by now..and still had dark hair and a stout body?

Am I reading too much into this?

Edited by JohnnyKaizen

1 hour ago, Shardmancer said:

Nice pick up! I saw that too and just thought in was there for the readers... like a COULD IT? But really, it was probably just a memory and nothing from that interaction can really give us anything more to go off of. 

The thing is..he is constantly referring back to his friends..in the present tense. Granted, he could just be speaking of them that way even though they've died. I often have of dear family members who have passed, but Nomad speaks of them that way repeatedly, often, and always as if they are a hop, skip, and a jump away. I can't decide if Sanderson is toying with my hopes of immortal radiants, or just being tricky because he can't resist the urge.