Nestled between two buildings that can’t quite be made out, The Compute Shop stands.

On its window, a poster proclaims, “Every CPU Socket from AM5 and LGA1700 to TPL2 and *$null!” Inside, a young boy no older than ten flips on a PC with its transparent side panel displaying a variety of components, each with lights on them, coming together to form the word OPEN.

• 4 weeks later...

watch this!

A bucket rolls in, and gordon freeman hops out.

"hey, uhhh... long story, but my friend's dog broke... could you fix it?"

sunkist, the "perfect" dog, whom happens to be a sentient .jpeg appears next to him. sunkist appears to have lost his texture and is now a purple and black checkerboard.

@PyroPhile

Edited by Just_a_Fan

"what does "sardonic" mean, i'd look it up, but I'm being focused on the 17th shard by a bug with my school's anti-distraction system. lol." stated gordon.

sunkist spewed static-y borks.

"wait nevermind. peer looked it up on his phone." -gordon

a halo elite walks in. "wort wort wort. el pozole."

"aug, rubber duck!"

"wort wort wort" but, happy now.

Edited by Just_a_Fan

6 hours ago, Just_a_Fan said:

sunkist, the "perfect" dog, whom happens to be a sentient .jpeg appears next to him. sunkist appears to have lost his texture and is now a purple and black checkerboard.

“Oof, did his metadata get corrupted?“ The boy stuck a probe into the black and purple, then pressed a button behind the counter. It turned back into a dog. “That’s better.”

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Arch brings in an abacus. “Can you fix this?” He asks.

“What appears to be broken with it?”

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

PyroPhile

oops sorry

“Hmmm…”

The boy took the abacus and tried to compute 2+2. It came out as π, somehow. He shook it as well, and the words “You’re also dead” appear.

“Have you tried reseating the RAM?”

1 minute ago, PyroPhile said:

“Hmmm…”

The boy took the abacus and tried to compute 2+2. It came out as π, somehow. He shook it as well, and the words “You’re also dead” appear.

“Have you tried reseating the RAM?”

"No. How do I do that?" Elan says. The abacus begins humming to the tune of Psycho. 

16 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"No. How do I do that?" Elan says. The abacus begins humming to the tune of Psycho. 

The boy pulls a screwdriver out of his pocket and takes off the wooden side bar of the abacus, revealing RAM sticks that look like tiny abacuses. He pushes on the clips holding them in place, takes them out, and puts them back in.

“Let’s see if it works this time.”

41 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

The boy pulls a screwdriver out of his pocket and takes off the wooden side bar of the abacus, revealing RAM sticks that look like tiny abacuses. He pushes on the clips holding them in place, takes them out, and puts them back in.

“Let’s see if it works this time.”

Elan computes 3+3 with the abacus, and it comes out like normal. No more death threats. "Thank you so much!" he says. "I'll never summon an evil demon by trying to divide by zero on an abacus again!"

• 4 weeks later...