Riding the Mainspring - it's out!

andyk

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I've been working on a self-published collection of steampunk short stories. And at last it's out, complete with the awesome title Robinski came up with and some lovely cover art:

riding-the-mainspring-high-resolution.jp

I've also released a separate short story for 99c:

mud-and-brass-high-resolution-version-2.

I've only released these on Amazon so far, mostly because every step of self-publishing took a lot of deep breaths and convincing myself that I could do this. I'll do other formats once I've got some mental energy back, and in the meantime I'll stick some Amazon links at the bottom of the post. Hope some of you have the time to read these, and if you do then let me know what you think.

Riding the Mainspring on Amazon.com

Mud and Brass on Amazon.com

Riding the Mainspring on Amazon.co.uk (because apparently we Brits can't be trusted with these flashy American webstores)

Mud and Brass on Amazon.co.uk

Oh, and the Reading Excuses crowd of course get mentioned in the thank yous at the back, because this is definitely where I come to improve my writing.

Now to go have a celebratory drink and some more of those deep breaths!

Did you think about trying for an audiobook? I barely have time to visually read these days, not anything of length, and so I do not know how long it would take me to start reading any of those.

Actually, if you like, I think I can try to record it for you. I have no experience whatsoever, but I think I am moderately okay, and I need practice for my resumé as a voice actor. 

Did you think about trying for an audiobook? I barely have time to visually read these days, not anything of length, and so I do not know how long it would take me to start reading any of those.

Actually, if you like, I think I can try to record it for you. I have no experience whatsoever, but I think I am moderately okay, and I need practice for my resumé as a voice actor. 

I hadn't considered doing it as audiobook, partly because I don't have the equipment to make a decent job of it myself and partly because I don't have any budget for it. If you're happy to do it just for the practice then I'd be more than happy for you to have a go at recording one or more of the stories. If I can work out a way to make them pay then we can share the profits, and if not then they could be a useful tool in publicising my book and your voice talent.

And now it's in other e-reader formats via Smashwords:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/470191

Smashwords also lets you download to the first 20% of the collection to read for free, so even if you're not buying you can go and have a bit of a read.

Sorry Silk, still no print book - maybe once I've got a bit more used to this whole self-publishing lark.