Reading order

.S.A.M.K.M

Im not sure it matters, I read Mistborn first and then WoK, then I think Elantris before Warbreaker, i read them both on the same day, the order is a bit blurry in my mind now...

But I think in hindsight while it wouldnt make any difference I would read them in the order they were written, Elantris, Mistborn, Way of Kings, but that would just be to have a logical starting point rather than for any real reason.

I read; MB, WB, WoK, AoL, Elantris.

All in all, I think reading them in the publication order is fine. Elantris, MB, WB, WoK, AoL. If you do that, you can sort of see the Brandon's progression as a writer too.

It doesn't really matter though but, I think it'll be good for you to read Warbreaker right after Mistborn. In one of the notes for Warbreaker, Brandon mentions how he wrote Warbreaker right after Mistborn because he wanted to create a stark contrast between the 2 worlds. If you just read the back of the books you can already tell, but Mistborn has sort of muted atmosphere with the mists and weak sun, etc. while Warbreaker is super colorful and bright, (after writing MB, Brandon wanted to go to the other side).

• Chaos locked this topic