Weird Pop-up

Argenti

7 hours ago, Argenti said:

I was giving rep today and I got the pop up "You can not give Reputation to this user", when I tried again It didn't show up again. 
What was that about?

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I just tried and could do it...

You can check out this post - but basically you have 20 total Rep to distribute, but it's not by calandar days or anything (Time Zone issues) so it's any given 24 hour period. When you tried it the second time one-or-more rep you had given around the same time yesterday had "expired" allowing you to use those slots again.

For example, if you gave out 1 rep every five minutes starting at Noon you would run out in 100 minutes. At noon the next day, you could give 1 rep but not two. At 1300 you would have 12 Rep (if you had not yet used more) but not 13.

I hope that makes sense to somebody other than me.

4 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

You can check out this post - but basically you have 20 total Rep to distribute, but it's not by calandar days or anything (Time Zone issues) so it's any given 24 hour period. When you tried it the second time one-or-more rep you had given around the same time yesterday had "expired" allowing you to use those slots again.

For example, if you gave out 1 rep every five minutes starting at Noon you would run out in 100 minutes. At noon the next day, you could give 1 rep but not two. At 1300 you would have 12 Rep (if you had not yet used more) but not 13.

I hope that makes sense to somebody other than me.

It's not the rep limit, it was a completely different pop up. I know what that one looks like, this one specifically said this user and didn't mention my 20 rep limit.

1 minute ago, Argenti said:

It's not the rep limit, it was a completely different pop up. I know what that one looks like, this one specifically said this user and didn't mention my 20 rep limit.

Sorry I misunderstood.

I wonder if it had/has something to do with they have only posted in one topic. That user has 15 total posts, all in the daily surge thread.

If the Mods have been working on anti-spam mitigation, blocking accounts like that might have been a "test" since so many of the daily spam raids lately have been bots posting a topic and replying to their own topic a dozen times so that they "unlock" the ability to post links.

1 minute ago, Treamayne said:

Sorry I misunderstood.

I wonder if it had/has something to do with they have only posted in one topic. That user has 15 total posts, all in the daily surge thread.

If the Mods have been working on anti-spam mitigation, blocking accounts like that might have been a "test" since so many of the daily spam raids lately have been bots posting a topic and replying to their own topic a dozen times so that they "unlock" the ability to post links.

You're good, Its seems like was an anti-spam thing to me too.

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

Sorry I misunderstood.

This isn't a thing.

I am not sure what pop-up that is, though. Maybe a temporary server issue.

On 27/09/2023 at 2:18 AM, Argenti said:

I was giving rep today and I got the pop up "You can not give Reputation to this user", when I tried again It didn't show up again. 
What was that about?

I've gotten that a few times - it usually happens when I accidentally double-click the upvote button.

1 hour ago, Robin Sedai said:

I've gotten that a few times - it usually happens when I accidentally double-click the upvote button.

Yup that's it! I just got it again when I double up voted yours.

Screenshot_20231001_085849_Chrome.jpg