When chronologically does Emperor’s Soul take place?

Ravenclawjedi42

Question

I know that Brandon has been vague on the chronology of the Cosmere, but we know roughly that it’s White Sand, then Elantris, then Mistborn era one, Stormlight Archive, era 2. I was wondering if we knew when Emperor’s Soul took place. Around the same time as Elantris? Before? After?

1 answer to this question

20 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I know that Brandon has been vague on the chronology of the Cosmere, but we know roughly that it’s White Sand, then Elantris, then Mistborn era one, Stormlight Archive, era 2. I was wondering if we knew when Emperor’s Soul took place. Around the same time as Elantris? Before? After?

Shortly after the events of Elantris. Here's the known Cosmere Timeline and here is the WoB:

Spoiler

Windrunner

When is Emperor's Soul set chronologically in relation to Elantris? Because if its around the same time Teod and Arelon might not have to stand alone against the Fjordell Empire.

Brandon Sanderson

Thanks for the kind words! Emperor's Soul is after Elantris, but not too long after. It is before Mistborn.

If you have read the 10th anniversary edition of Elantris, and the new "Postscript" at the end then, presumably, it had to happen either right before or after those events. (Spoilers and speculation)

Spoiler

Since it shows Hoid talking with the Skaze before going through the perpendicularity, then either:

1. Hoid, as the Imperial Fool, had already stolen the Moon Scepter and was leaving Sel - or - 
  2. Hoid used that perpendiularity to go to Sel's Shadesmar and cross back to the PR somewhere in the Rose Empire to start his guise as the Imperial Fool

Hope that helps.

Edited by Treamayne
Link