Positive Feedback Loop

Aeshdan

Your Thoughts  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to know who has upvoted you?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to have one type be anonymous and the other show who voted since Eric is the one who tweaked the code, not me. As it is right now, we agreed to have the whole thing anonymous to hide the identity of downvoters.

I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to have one type be anonymous and the other show who voted since Eric is the one who tweaked the code, not me. As it is right now, we agreed to have the whole thing anonymous to hide the identity of downvoters.

well, without looking at the code, its all ready parsing through all the information, including if its an up or down vote, so the variable is likely there and loaded, so it should be as simple as adding an:

if vote != downvote

then displayname()

end if

(that's pseudo code, of course). However, this is all conjecture in the first place, and without looking at the code i cant guarantee this :P

All im trying to say is that it doesnt sound terribly hard just from knowing how it currently works.

That said, if it is a much more difficult task, then I wouldn't worry about it. Its one of those features that would be nice, but not mandatory, especially since many of the times people specifically call out when they upvote you anyways (something like "awesome! upvotes for you!" or something like that)