Tampa Bay Comic Convention 2023

Pagerunner

Hey, Brandon's there right now!

It looks like he has two panels: one this evening on Friday with another sci-fi author (which he mentioned on his stream will be recorded and posted on his channel later), and one on Saturday (which he didn't say anything about recording). If anybody is going to the one tomorrow, it would be good to record audio, since I have a good feeling about getting a new Stormlight reading.

There won't be any official recording of the signing lines, so if you're asking a question, I'd encourage you to get your phone out and record his answer. Barring that, the sooner you can paraphrase your report, the more accurate it will be, so feel free to drop a line in this thread or add it to the Arcanum event: https://wob.coppermind.net/events/517-tampa-bay-comic-convention-2023/

Can somebody try to ask him again about how to make Unsealed Metalminds, he has been saying he'd tell us soon for a few years now, and I am getting really impatient on it. Don't want to have to wait for Era 3 to get the steps. 

Also, two more:

1. Is Bavadin genderfluid?
  2. Before you said Adolin would be down for a poly relationship with Kaladin and Shallan, does this mean we can safely assume he is Bi and Poly?

And of course the obvious question, is Stick still doing okay? We haven't seen him in a while and I am concerned for his well being. 

Edited by Firesong

16 minutes ago, Firesong said:

Can somebody try to ask him again about how to make Unsealed Metalminds, he has been saying he'd tell us soon for a few years now, and I am getting really impatient on it. Don't want to have to wait for Era 3 to get the steps.

I have some bad news for you:

muh_vehicles

A while back you said that if you didn't reveal how medallions are made after The Lost Metal, we could bug you for the step-by-step process. Can you tell us now?

Brandon Sanderson

So I tried to find my little write-up on this and I can't find it. So I have to re-write it up. You can bug me but I'm not going to get it yet. It needs to be canonized for certain things that are coming up very soon, so I need to write it all out again. Double-check that I run it through continuity, that it is right. The more we do these things the more complicated it gets, and the more like computer programming in a world using physics that don't exist it gets. Which is fun! That's the feature, not the bug, that it gets really finicky how these things work. But it means I have to do that whole writeup again. It was several pages. So I am going to do that again, I have to have it in hand before I can do Era Three. Bug me again when I'm writing Era Three. Sorry.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 5 (Dec. 2, 2022)

Just now, Pagerunner said:

I have some bad news for you:

I assumed he might have worked on it a bit in the intervening year. As he said he just needed to rewrite the list, which isn't that much work. But yeah, disappointing. At least the other three could be asked.