What non-Rosharan would you like to see on Roshar?

Sasukerinnegan

The question I want to ask is the above: Which non Rosharan, not including Zahel/Vasher or Nightblood or anyone already there, would you like to see on Roshar? Dead characters permitted as well, though I'd prefer live ones.

I'll start - Marsh....... I felt that he was seen too little in Mistborn and his character development was insufficient....... his take on immortality would be fascinating vis-a-vis the Heralds or Vasher....... besides I feel he was way too underrepresented in the Mistborn series...... his only contribution was to tear Vin earrings away...

+

Kandra! Any Kandra. It would finally confirm my theory that Sazed has sent his minions throughout the cosmere as his spies.

But beyond that?

I can see Wayne as a world hopper. Soulcasters could provide all his metal burning needs.

Edited by Darkarma

I'm pretty sure we have WoB on Kandra being on other Shardworlds somewhere already.
As for who I'd like to see I'd have to go with Shai, someone who could team up with Shallan who's story arc I find most interesting at the moment.

I'm pretty sure we have WoB on Kandra being on other Shardworlds somewhere already.

As for who I'd like to see I'd have to go with Shai, someone who could team up with Shallan who's story arc I find most interesting at the moment.

I like this Shai idea. And we know she's been chasing after Wit, so it's not even that unlikely that she'll show up at some point.

I'd like to see the WoB for Kandra worldhoppers.

Shai would be rather fun, I could see her being one of the most likely people to actually catch Hoid.

"YOU!"
"Yes its me, the great and powerful Wit- oh dear."
"I almost died because of you!"
"Well looks like things worked out quite well, or rather quite badly for you considering where you are now."
"Execution is not a trifle!"
"Well unless I'm horribly drunk, which I would never put it passed myself to pass up on, it does appear that you got away."
"That's beside the point!"
"Actually its exactly the point, you were safer being executed than standing on the site of the incoming apocalypse."
"Oh."
"That's what I said when my father pointed out my horrible failings in life, how rude of you to bring that up. You don't even look like my father anyways."

Edited by Darkarma

Snape, snape, severous snape, snape, snape, severous snape.........

Does this need to be Brandon? And does it need to be Cosmere?

Alcatraz and Steven Leeds.

Or if we're doing cosmere only........ well.....I would really love to meet one of Brandon's Dragons.

Or, if we want only people that we've met so far.....How about.....Harmony. It'd be great to see him move over there and kick odiums sorry little chull.

Denth!! He is one of my Brandon Sanderson faves!! Id love to see him kick Adolins chull ;P

Who's to say Adolin won't kick Denth's chull :ph34r:

I would love to see Clod the Lifeless :o and I would love to have some Zahel's POV in SA as his reasons for turning himself into a swordsmaster teaching arrogant lighteyed children instead of looking for Nightblood are still mysterious to me.

I'm going to second Marsh being someone I'd like to see on Roshar. Not for any of the reasons OP ( I'm 69% sure that means what I think it means, Original Poster or something??? ) said but because I want to see how powerful Stormlight would make him.

Other than marsh and who's already on Roshar there is no-one else I would care to see on Roshar.

Oddly, I'd like to see a mortal form of Sazed and Kelsier on Roshar. I want to see how Kelsier and Adolin would interact and see how Sazed would react to the different religions. 

Edited by ShardWolf

Oddly, I'd like to see a mortal form of Sazed and Kelsier on Roshar. I want to see how Kelsier and Adoline would interact and see how Sazed would react to the different religions. 

I have a feeling it would go something like this:

"Hello! I'm Kelsier the Mistborn!"

"Hi! I'm Prince Adolin!"

"Great to meet you Ado-Wait...Prince... does that mean.... you're a noble?"

"Why, yes! I'm next in line for the Kholin family throne."

"Hmm. In that case... DIE! NOBLE SCUM!"

I have a feeling they wouldn't get along at all. It would be like Kaladin and Adolin's interactions, except Kelsier has no qualms about killing and isn't obligated to protect Adolin. He'd kill him if he felt like it.

Oh goodness, I don't know. Shai sounds awesome: I'd love to see her interactions with Pattern, Shallan, and Jasnah. Heck, Pattern would probably fangirl over Forgery like no one else could, because of all the delicious lies.

Oh goodness, I don't know. Shai sounds awesome: I'd love to see her interactions with Pattern, Shallan, and Jasnah. Heck, Pattern would probably fangirl over Forgery like no one else could, because of all the delicious lies.

This brings up an interesting thing. Forgery is pretty much universal, you just need to know what symbol to use. All Shai has to do is teach Pattern the concept behind it... Pattern could potentially become an extremely powerful forger when combined with Shallon's imagination. Especially if you consider the fact that Pattern is a pattern is the local symbology of the area is going to be symetrical just like he is... How much do you want to bet Pattern could count as a living soul stamp?

I don't think forgery even works outside of its dominion on Sel (you know, 'cause of Dominion), so Shai might not be as cool as you might think. Pattern would LOVE forgery, though.

I'd like to see Wayne show up, myself. He's probably alive right around the time of the SA, so he would just be getting initiated into worldhopping. It could be a great vehicle for explaining how it all works, what the 17th Shard is up to, etc.

As for Marsh, I suspect that he will show up on Roshar eventually, as it seems that he is to be a part of the greater Mistborn arc, and its space opera trilogy will bring all the Cosmere stories together. I bet that's why his character wasn't given as much development as it seemed to deserve: he's going to be around for centuries, while the others will soon be dead and gone and deserve the limelight during their brief stories.

I don't think forgery even works outside of its dominion on Sel (you know, 'cause of Dominion), so Shai might not be as cool as you might think. Pattern would LOVE forgery, though.

I'd like to see Wayne show up, myself. He's probably alive right around the time of the SA, so he would just be getting initiated into worldhopping. It could be a great vehicle for explaining how it all works, what the 17th Shard is up to, etc.

As for Marsh, I suspect that he will show up on Roshar eventually, as it seems that he is to be a part of the greater Mistborn arc, and its space opera trilogy will bring all the Cosmere stories together. I bet that's why his character wasn't given as much development as it seemed to deserve: he's going to be around for centuries, while the others will soon be dead and gone and deserve the limelight during their brief stories.

Most magic systems work  in other dominions and shardic planets. They just have to find the right methods of adapting them. WoB states that Sel magic would work anywhere but the glyphs used in the process change to suit the location. Hence why any worldhopper using forgery or AonDor would need to adapt their glyphs to say a more galactic standard (based on constellations) with smattering of local iconography for drawing power.

And yes Wayne would be awesome especially since he isn't dependent on guns either so no one would think him too odd carrying around useless pieces of metal. And he'd be pretty handy at knicking spheres for some stormlight adapted allomancy.

WoB states that Sel magic would work anywhere but the glyphs used in the process change to suit the location.

Would you mind citing that? It's a common theory, but I don't recall ever hearing it explicitly confirmed. We have a WoB that it is the hardest to make work off-planet, but I recall little else.

Edited by Moogle

Tough but not impossible:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvsresults.php?kw=aon

Interview: Sep, 2012
Cosmere Q&A - 17th Shard (Verbatim)
Odium's_Shard
Can magic systems from one world work in any given other?

Brandon Sanderson
For some, it will take quite a bit of work, but it's possible to get them each to work. Sel's magics are regional, and so they are going to be tough. Scadrial's magics are the easiest.

Interview: Aug 4th, 2011
West Jordan Signing Report - 17th Shard (Verbatim)

Mi'chelle
If an Elantrian were to get Aon Rao tattooed to them, would it increase their ability to use the Dor, or would it make it so they can use the Dor outside of Elantris?

Brandon Sanderson
RAFO.

Okay not quite what I remembered unless I missed one that better explained it. But we also know that certain aons are also based on physical locations hence why the rift had to be incorporated into the base aon. Also the WoB that Sel magic all are essentially the same magic system and respond to these changes in similar ways.

I included the second quote mainly because at the very least this individual is probably on the right path. There are probably patterns that can be used like Roshar's vibration derived city patterns as a foundation to access non Dor type Shard investiture.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=949

Viper
Aons look like Arelon; soulstamps look like MaiPon. Aons get weaker when you get further from Arelon, right? That's not just cause Elantris acts like a focus?
Brandon Sanderson

That's right, it's based on distance. That's why there are no stamped objects in Elantris.

Viper
So do soulstamps get weaker further from MaiPon? If you left Sel via Shadesmar and went to another planet, would the soulstamp stop working?

Brandon Sanderson
That's correct.

Viper
Could soulstamps be carved that used Arelon as a base form instead of MaiPon?

Brandon Sanderson
That's very interesting, isn't it?

Found it, not definitive but better.

Edited by Darkarma

Okay not quite what I remembered unless I missed one that better explained it. But we also know that certain aons are also based on physical locations hence why the rift had to be incorporated into the base aon. Also the WoB that Sel magic all are essentially the same magic system and respond to these changes in similar ways.

Yeah, all Selish magic is sort of the same system. The difference is that in each region there's a different "alphabet", and this different collection of symbols does different things. That's why it's so hard to use off-world, since presumably you can't just make a new alphabet. If you could, it would be pretty easy to get things set up.

If you went to a different part of Sel and tried to use the local alphabet for AonDor, you wouldn't get AonDor... you'd get that region's magic system. (Assuming it even worked, since you sort of need to be from that region to use its magic apparently.)

I agree that making a new alphabet is probably a part of the puzzle to using the AonDor off-world, but I don't think it's that simple. You're probably going to have to find a way to set up a link to Arelon as well to trick Dor into thinking that's where you are as you draw out Aons.

Most magic systems work in other dominions and shardic planets. They just have to find the right methods of adapting them. WoB states that Sel magic would work anywhere but the glyphs used in the process change to suit the location. Hence why any worldhopper using forgery or AonDor would need to adapt their glyphs to say a more galactic standard (based on constellations) with smattering of local iconography for drawing power.

And yes Wayne would be awesome especially since he isn't dependent on guns either so no one would think him too odd carrying around useless pieces of metal. And he'd be pretty handy at knicking spheres for some stormlight adapted allomancy.

Hoid: Wait, so how exactly are you making those time bubbles?

Wayne: I swallows the sphere and I burn it. Easy, mate.

Hoid: What?! No, it doesn't work like that! You have to splice into the local Investiture, then draw the raw power into a blank feruchemical store and compound it and... and..

Wayne: *Shrugs and flies into the sunset with Aons, Surge symbols, and Scadrian letters swirling drunkenly around him*

Hoid: Wait, so how exactly are you making those time bubbles?

Wayne: I swallows the sphere and I burn it. Easy, mate.

Hoid: What?! No, it doesn't work like that! You have to splice into the local Investiture, then draw the raw power into a blank feruchemical store and compound it and... and..

Wayne: *Shrugs and flies into the sunset with Aons, Surge symbols, and Scadrian letters swirling drunkenly around him*

Its Wayne, those symbols turned out to be the little scribbles and characters he annoys Wax's notes with. Though I wonder how different the speed bubbles would be on Roshar. Wish we had a base comparison between Yolen Lightweaving and Yolen Lightweaving on Roshar. We've always seen him use dust everywhere to add to it while Shallon's Lightweaving seems to take without any real aid of a secondary material.

Speed Bubbles on Roshar? How would spren take notice of that?  Though Syl would probably love it. We could even see Time Spren.

Edited by Darkarma