Tien would have been a Knight

Arcanist Lupus

Tien would have been a Stonewarden. This is shown by his affinity for various rocks, which he can see with a more discerning eye than any of the other people in town.

He strikes you as Resourceful/Dependable? (that is the stonewarden Order, right?)

He strikes me as either Creative/Honest, or Loving/Healing.

Edited by Sir Read-a-Lot

whats your source for resourceful/dependable being stonewarden? as far as I was aware the only order we knew for sure was the Windrunners being protecting/leading because of Kaladin

I was basing it off of the Ars Arcana chart. Order 9 is the only one that deals with stone, so it seemed a logical assumption to me. If the Windrunner's essence is Zephyr, then it seems logical that the Stonewardens have Stone (or in this case, Talus) as their essence.

We don't know for sure, but I find it hard to believe that any other order is the Stonewardens.

Well, I agree with Sir Read-a-Lot about him being a Stonewardern, but couldn't there be more orders that we don't know? And didn't Talen'elat at the end say is was a Stonesinew, or something along that line? Couldn't that be based of of stone, too(if that is a Radiant order)

Well, I agree with Sir Read-a-Lot about him being a Stonewardern, but couldn't there be more orders that we don't know? And didn't Talen'elat at the end say is was a Stonesinew, or something along that line? Couldn't that be based of of stone, too(if that is a Radiant order)

Talen'elat is the Ninth Herald. I think Stonesinew is his personal title, and he founded the Stonewards.

There are 10 orders, corresponding with the 10 Essences.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tien would have been a Stonewarden. This is shown by his affinity for various rocks, which he can see with a more discerning eye than any of the other people in town.

I agree with Sir Read-a-lot, that he would fall into the Loving/Healing category. If you look at the list of essences, those listed for that set of character atrributes are "Quartz, glass, crystal". These are things that occur naturally in some rocks, and could very well be why Tien thought of some stones that others found unremarkable to be in some way special.

• 4 weeks later...

He especially liked the ones that had shiny (sparkling = lucentia) bits in them. He treasured those ones most of all.

That's what I was going for with my post above, I think you worded it a little more clearly.

• Chaos locked this topic