Hello there.

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to Brandon Sanderson. I live in England, United Kingdom, and for some reason he's not that prevalent in my neck of the woods. But that's enough of my excuses, I've been missing out! I'm a fan of fantasy novels, and I've read the more mainstream offerings, your Lord of the Rings, your Song of Ice and Fire, your Harry Potter (quiet at the back) but yeah, I'm not a hardcore reader of the genre (more of a brooding, Kaladin-esque dystopia fan myself). 

Anyway, I stumbled across The Way of Kings, not entirely sure how now, but I read it and loved it. I bought Words of Radiance, read it and really loved it. I've gone through both books in about a month, so hopefully not too many references will be going over my head. 

So yeah, I'm a Sanderson fan. Spent the last couple of days trying to get my more literature-savvy friends into the Stormlight Archive series. I'm just about to dig into the Mistborn books, what are they like? 

Edited by IdlyIdeological

Think a heist story, if the thing they're trying to steal is control of a thousand-year old dictatorial empire with armies, assassination, magic, and all that good stuff. That's the first book. It gets more epic (in both the literary and awesomeness sense) from there.

Also, welcome to the forums! I recommend keeping alert for Mistborn spoilers while surfing here, though, because a lot of the plot there depends on twists, and you wouldn't want to ruin those!

Have an introductory upvote and please enjoy yourself!

Haha, I'm about 70 pages in the first book. Looks quite short in length, in comparison to the SA, so I'll hopefully get through it quickly. But yeah, positive first impressions from me. I can see the appeal to studio bosses as this has quite a Hunger Games-esque tone, in the very loosest sense of the term. 

Welcome :)

There was actually a Mistborn movie script that was optioned, but the option ran out relatively recently. It would definitely make a cool movie, it's just a little too long to keep all the good parts.

Anyway, enjoy it :) You can only read a book for the first time once.

Or if it's been so long you've forgotten what happens, but that's quite rare.

Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic