Interdimensional Battle Hub

PyroPhile

The two were transported to the hundredth story of a yet-to-be eternally collapsing skyscraper.

It is time for the main event, a voice said. You may start…

The skyscraper started falling.

Now.

Nameless steadied himself briefly, then extended one hand to the side. Mist gathered and a Blade appeared, glowing with a full spectrum of light. "Wanderer. I am ready to begin. Shall we start?"

@Goob

Edited by Nameless*

6 hours ago, Nameless* said:

Nameless steadied himself briefly, then extended one hand to the side. Mist gathered and a Blade appeared, glowing with a full spectrum of light. "Wanderer. I am ready to begin. Shall we start?"

@Goob

“Whenever you wish,” they said, hefting their blade off their shoulder for the first time since they arrived, clutching it in both hands and taking a fighting stance.

The edge of the sword, seen from the thin side from where Nameless stood, visually split the fool’s face in half as it was held in front of him. It was perfectly still, and even as the fool shuffled to the side and weaved around the desks and other furniture filling the peaceful office space they both stood in, this illusion never broke, and no view of the flat blade  was made available to Nameless.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:35 PM, Goob said:

“Whenever you wish,” they said, hefting their blade off their shoulder for the first time since they arrived, clutching it in both hands and taking a fighting stance.

The edge of the sword, seen from the thin side from where Nameless stood, visually split the fool’s face in half as it was held in front of him. It was perfectly still, and even as the fool shuffled to the side and weaved around the desks and other furniture filling the peaceful office space they both stood in, this illusion never broke, and no view of the flat blade  was made available to Nameless.

Nameless spun his Blade idly, eyes following the fool's movements. "In that case, I think we'll start now." he closed his eyes, and the floor beneath his feet began to crack. "I'm looking forward to seeing what you're capable of."

Edited by Nameless*

On 7/19/2023 at 8:36 PM, Nameless* said:

Nameless spun his Blade idly, eyes following the fool's movements. "In that case, I think we'll start now." he closed his eyes, and the floor beneath his feet began to crack. "I'm looking forward to seeing what you're capable of."

sorry for the delay I've had a weird week

“I shall warn you, I have picked up quite a lot on my travels… Though, if I’m going to ever show you, I’m going to have to stop beating around the-” 

Suddenly, they leapt forward with enough force to leave a small crater on the floor behind them, soaring over a desk, and slashing downwards towards Nameless’ head with their sword.

“-bush.”

1 hour ago, Goob said:

“I shall warn you, I have picked up quite a lot on my travels… Though, if I’m going to ever show you, I’m going to have to stop beating around the-” 

Suddenly, they leapt forward with enough force to leave a small crater on the floor behind them, soaring over a desk, and slashing downwards towards Nameless’ head with their sword.

“-bush.”

It's fine. I've been busy recently too.

A brief glow appears in Nameless' eyes just before the fool's blade hits him, but he otherwise remains immobile. a moment later, the blade swishes through empty space, somehow missing Nameless by inches despite the Narrator's apparent immobility. He counterattacks, spinning and slashing his Blade at the fool's midsection.

On 7/24/2023 at 4:47 PM, Nameless* said:

A brief glow appears in Nameless' eyes just before the fool's blade hits him, but he otherwise remains immobile. a moment later, the blade swishes through empty space, somehow missing Nameless by inches despite the Narrator's apparent immobility. He counterattacks, spinning and slashing his Blade at the fool's midsection.

Lightning fast, the fool's blade flew to their side, blocking the strike with the flat of the blade, tip pointed towards the ground. 
"This'll be fun," they say, breaking off from the clash, swinging their sword back around and up towards Nameless' head once more.
"You know, I wonder when the floor's gonna fall from underneath us..."

On 7/29/2023 at 9:39 PM, Goob said:

Lightning fast, the fool's blade flew to their side, blocking the strike with the flat of the blade, tip pointed towards the ground. 
"This'll be fun," they say, breaking off from the clash, swinging their sword back around and up towards Nameless' head once more.
"You know, I wonder when the floor's gonna fall from underneath us..."

Nameless steps back from the fool's blade, floor beneath his feet cracking further as he retreats across the room. "When indeed. Honestly, the entire building should have broken apart by now, not just the floor." He points his blade, and a beam of light shoots from it towards the fool's chest. "That would make fighting a bit more interesting."

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Depends on the mood," Thaidakar said. "Though, I usually prefer using a sword or a good knife. You?"

"Really? Me too." Fadran started by drawing a long, thin blade - it had a slight curve to it. "But you're a Narrator, yeah? How does that work with the whole fighting thing?"

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Really? Me too." Fadran started by drawing a long, thin blade - it had a slight curve to it. "But you're a Narrator, yeah? How does that work with the whole fighting thing?"

"Being a Narrator just means that if I get too used to being able to create whatever I want, I can get rusty and out of practice quickly," A militaristic, well designed blade with enough reach to hit really well, but a well constructed hilt so that it can be brought back to defend easier. "Thankfully, however, I was off-screen for a long time, which afforded me time to practice on the hobbies that I love."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Righto." Fadran slid into stance - a gust of wind and flame burst into being around him.

Thaidakar followed suit, his armor emanating an aura of power, leaving an afterimage behind him with every movement. A sword extended from his gauntlet and he raised it with a smile, "your move."

10 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar followed suit, his armor emanating an aura of power, leaving an afterimage behind him with every movement. A sword extended from his gauntlet and he raised it with a smile, "your move."

A part of him wanted to start strong and see if he could get this over with, but Ayia would never live it down if he just Divine Smote this guy - instead Fadran started by sending three tendrils of lightning to streak at Thaidakar in wide arcs, springing forwards with superhuman speeds simultaneously to run alongside the flash and slash out at his opponent.

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

A part of him wanted to start strong and see if he could get this over with, but Ayia would never live it down if he just Divine Smote this guy - instead Fadran started by sending three tendrils of lightning to streak at Thaidakar in wide arcs, springing forwards with superhuman speeds simultaneously to run alongside the flash and slash out at his opponent.

A wide tendril of water emerged from a small hole in the Narrator's stylized suit of armor, forming a shield in front of the lightning. The water simultaneously slammed into Fadran's sword, conducting the electricity into the sword, and, therefore, into Fadran. Thaidakar's armor took the slash, leaving a faint trickle of blood, however most of it was taken by the powerfully crafted armor.

35 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

A wide tendril of water emerged from a small hole in the Narrator's stylized suit of armor, forming a shield in front of the lightning. The water simultaneously slammed into Fadran's sword, conducting the electricity into the sword, and, therefore, into Fadran. Thaidakar's armor took the slash, leaving a faint trickle of blood, however most of it was taken by the powerfully crafted armor.

The Narrator fought with his head - Fadran could appreciate that. The idea to send lightning back at the guy who could literally control lightning could probably be interpreted as an oversight, but Fadran preferred to consider it as more of a gamble.

Lightning flowed through conductors, following whatever path contained the most available energy. For that reason Fadran elected to push a portion of his power into his blade, drawing the lightning into a loop coursing throughout his blade. With nowhere to go, it began to ripple in on itself - then as he brought the blade around for a second strike it snapped with an explosion of heat and light.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 11:52 AM, Nameless* said:

Nameless steps back from the fool's blade, floor beneath his feet cracking further as he retreats across the room. "When indeed. Honestly, the entire building should have broken apart by now, not just the floor." He points his blade, and a beam of light shoots from it towards the fool's chest. "That would make fighting a bit more interesting."

I'm so used to not posting here that it's very easy to slip the mind. For more than a week.

The fool ducked the beam of light, the shot barely soaring over their head before they stood back up. "Oh!"
The entire room had started to tilt to one side, and cracks could clearly be seen in the walls and supports. "The destruction's probably a couple floors below us, and will reach us any moment now. We'll have to stop messing around, then."
The fool began to start walking towards Nameless, who was still on the opposite side of the room to them.

1 hour ago, Goob said:

The fool ducked the beam of light, the shot barely soaring over their head before they stood back up. "Oh!"
The entire room had started to tilt to one side, and cracks could clearly be seen in the walls and supports. "The destruction's probably a couple floors below us, and will reach us any moment now. We'll have to stop messing around, then."
The fool began to start walking towards Nameless, who was still on the opposite side of the room to them.

"Oh, any moment? Oh, that won't do at all. I'd rather get serious now." Nameless casually pointed a finger at the fool, summoning a blast of white-hot flame that filled the entire room, ripping walls, ceiling, and floor apart as it barreled towards the fool.