Interdimensional Battle Hub

PyroPhile

Ladies, gentlemen, and [REDACTED], welcome to the Battle Hub!

Hello all! I just had an idea that I wanted to realize. 
What if we took characters from prominent RPs, and had them fight, Smash Bros style? 
This isn’t necessarily limited to existing characters, either. You can insert whoever you want.

Also, this definitely won’t affect the RPs that the characters come from. These are just… clones or something.

What do you think? Feel free to join!

Ooo, this is interesting. Don't know which character to port over.

Might steal Davith from my book, he's fun. Probably not though.

Edit: Could we maybe have some system underlining this so it doesn't just become "I attack" "I dodge"

Edited by The Bald Brandon

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

but both Fadran and Ayia have killed literal gods in the past so idk if they should be joining in (I do have other characters tho)

They can join. They would just require a sufficiently powerful adversary.

4 hours ago, Ranryu said:

This sounds like a really fun idea, but all of my RP characters are currently dead. Give me like a week, and I should have a couple that can participate. 

It doesn't matter if they're dead.

The fool, as always, wandered.

Song propelled them as they whistled a merry tune, their eyes barely watching where their feet led them as they savored the lilting melody that floated through their mind. At their side hung a concertina, silently waiting its turn for whenever the fool’s mouth grew tired, or perhaps when they wished to accompany the melody with lyrics.

Of course, the fool would also have to sheath their sword in order to wield their weapon of music. The silvery blade was easily 10 handspans long from hilt to tip, long and thin, and currently rested on the fool’s right shoulder, the flat part of the blade resting on his collar and the edge dangerously close to their neck. Only one hand was used to keep it stable, with the other used to tap along with the nondescript song the fool held in their heart. They seemed unconcerned with the possibility of some unexpected obstacle throwing them off balance and causing their own sword to separate their head from their neck; after all, why would they? It hadn’t ever happened before, in any of the uncountable moments in their wanderings. 

As for where they were, the fool did not know. Nor did they particularly care. They’d come upon someplace interesting soon enough, they knew, as long as they kept walking and whistling. Perhaps they’d run into a city, they thought Or a tree. Or a revolution. Perhaps a refreshing glass of water, a bar of gold, a mountain, a criminal, or anything from the infinite set of anything.

They’d seen it all already. And yet, still they had more to see. And they’d be happy to stumble across it on their wanderings, before moving on to the next something. They smiled at the thought. Ah, how wonderful was existence.

And if on cue, the fool arrived… somewhere. They stopped their whistling and looked around at their surroundings. Some sort of arena, it looked like, though for now the place of combat was ill-defined, a place without any way to describe it. Though, as with most places, the fool saw beauty, or at least the promise of it. The arena was a blank slate, a sea of possibility, ready for anyone from across dimensions to form it any way they wished. As long as they followed the scene's main prerogative as a place to fight, of course.

“A perfect place to practice my barbarism,” they said, chuckling to themselves. Now, they wondered, did they need to register…?

Spoiler

I have given you all 419 words for you all to enjoy. Perhaps one of you could give a similar amount back? I would appreciate it greatly.

Sorry, I didn’t have access to internet for a few days 

A lectern was in front of them, as if it had always been there, yet, it clearly had not been there earlier. Laying on it was a book and quill.

Would you like to battle?

[]Yes

[]No

On 6/23/2023 at 11:12 AM, PyroPhile said:

A lectern was in front of them, as if it had always been there, yet, it clearly had not been there earlier. Laying on it was a book and quill.

Would you like to battle?

[]Yes

[]No

The fool laughed heartily at the question. Simplicity can be the greatest form of comedy, they thought. What would happen if they answered 'no'? What else was there even to do here? Would they just be immediately ejected from the dimension or be turned into a spectator? The absurdity of the question in a place like this nearly tempted them into scratching down the lie, but they refrained, and scribbled a messy X down beside the 'Yes'.

The fool stood up straight, set the quill down, and looked around. "Now what?"

Edited by Goob

Nameless popped into existence unceremoniously some distance behind where everyone else was gathered. He yawned, stretched, and started walking towards the registration area.

Then he stopped. It felt almost as if someone wanted more. He frowned, trying to figure out where the feeling was coming from, but couldn’t quite put his finger on it. Well, too bad. He’d already made his entrance, and it wasn’t as if he could just do it over. Then again, it didn’t look like anyone had noticed him yet, so…

Memories rested within dreams. Memories that had not yet been born, memories that would never exist, and memories that still lived, all slept within dreams. One memory, however, was not inclined to restfulness. Perhaps it was because this memory had lived before and knew it was not intended to live again. Perhaps it was because this memory had a disposition towards ignoring the normal rules of things. Perhaps, it was because someone somewhere wished to see this memory live again.

Whatever the cause, this memory decided to exist. The first part of doing so was to remember its name. That part wasn’t a problem; it didn’t have one. The second part was slightly more difficult. It needed to find somewhere that dreams were a little bit real. This would be tricky, save that the memory was a piece of the dream and so could see very clearly the places where they leaked out into otherwise normal reality. The last part was hardest, naturally. One had to change dreams and memories from things that were only sort of real into things that were as real as reality could be. This part was of course impossible, which was why it was a good thing that this memory was so practiced at doing it.

A faint something leaked into the air, a fog that glowed softly in a way that denied possibility. The fog spun around itself and, for a moment, became visible as the words from which it was made. Then the words were gone and Nameless stood in their place, eyes glowing with a pure light. For a moment he saw the world as threads of plot, a battle not yet fought, but then it was gone, the glow in his eyes vanished. He straightened, pulled an fancy pen out of his pocket, and circled “yes” on the lectern that was before him. This would be fun.

Spoiler

There's 401 words. I don't know if they're good words, but maybe you can enjoy them.