New Here

Wyndle

I'm kinda new here...I've read all of Brandon Sanderson's fantasy novels, but the whole cosmere and shard stuff is kinda mindblowing....which of his books are part of the Cosmere?  And where did the whole Adonalsium thing come from?  And which book did the concept of the shards come from?  And finally, why didn't he publish his Dragonsteel book(s) and could I possibly get them somehow?  Thanks and sorry for all the questions, but this is all very exciting.  

Well, Dragonsteel is unpublished and, according to Brandon, of sub-par quality as compared to his other novels. It's currently his Master's thesis in the library at Brigham Young University. White Sand is also unpublished right now, but… It's coming out in graphic novel form within the next couple of years! I suppose that you could still e-mail Brandon to get the unpublished version, but I would wait, since Brandon doesn't consider it ready.

Welcome to the 17th Shard!  :D

Welcome mate! A quicker answer to your question is that all books that are NOT on earth are cosmere. We joke about the earth books like Alcatraz and Rithmatist being cosmere, but they're not. Anyway, glad to see another new person come here to waste their precious time :D

• Chaos locked this topic