Hello There

New to the Forum, but long time reader of Brandon Sanderson, frequent peruser of the coppermind, increasing viewer of the YouTube discussion streams, and eternal daydreamer.

The reason I finally made an account on the 17th shard is I'm an illustrator and have started doing more Cosmere art on the side lately and thought there might be someone here who enjoyed seeing it.

- Thomas

Ohh, I think that seeing more artwork here would be amazing! (I just barely looked at everything we've got in the gallery, and it's always interesting to see what people come up with!) What's your favorite book? (And who are your favorite characters?)

5 hours ago, Code Name said:

Ohh, I think that seeing more artwork here would be amazing! (I just barely looked at everything we've got in the gallery, and it's always interesting to see what people come up with!) What's your favorite book? (And who are your favorite characters?)

Kind of you to ask. My favorite Books (Unsolicited but I'll do three) is Oathbringer, Warbreaker, then Tress of the Emerald Sea. Favorite Characters (again, three) are Dalinar, Sja-anat, then Raoden.

How about yours Code Name?

13 hours ago, Code Name said:

I personally like Hoid, Ulaam, and Kaladin. And many more...

Kaladin is an absolutely great choice. He's becoming a little harder for me to relate to as the books go on and I understand him better ... which, while a great opportunity to increase in empathy and see things from more points of view, it does make it a bit more work to enjoy his PoV for me.

15 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Welcome to the Shard! Glad to have another fanatic.

If you were to have one magic system, smuggle it into Roshar, kill a chasmfiend, and get out, which magic system would you use for the job, and how would you pull it off?

Oh, I'd choose Feruchemist for sure. Feruchemy used in a physical capacity has such extreme potential for power ... and fun ... I would store strength, speed, and weight as much as I could on the way there and then just rip my way into the creature with super speed and strength until I tore out the gem heart. You could use other feruchemy abilities to help track the fiend if that's part of the challenge.

3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

It's nice to see you! Do you play an instrument?

Also, you can quote multiple people per post and respond to them all at once, so there's no need to make multiple posts in a row. Thanks!

I played the Bass in a band over a decade ago ... never really was that good at it. I loved recording music in the basement though and still dabble with some music composition from time to time. I'm guessing Cello for you? haha.

And thanks for the tip about replying to multiple people at once! I'll do that.