Killing Spore Eaters

Trusk'our

One question I have is if we know the full response that is taken against someone who is viewed as a direct threat to the Spore Eater. To my knowledge, we only ever see Crow herself fire a shot, and the Aether may be less hostile towards her than anything else. If it directly attacks a person threatening the Spore Eater, like a Verdant Aether spearing out and taking root in an aggressor and fueling itself with their blood, that could be very dangerous. Dangerous enough that even silver axes may be too slow for something that catches bullets. It doesn't necessarily need to block silver, it just needs to kill you faster than you can hit it. Ranged attacks may be much more effective than close combat, particularly if you are out of range from the Aethers.

I assume the defense response of the Verdant Aether protecting Crow draws on her water just as readily as other spores, considering she takes a long drink after firing at herself. Nothing special, just fire at Crow from all sides from a distance until she dehydrates and can't move. If you specifically aim for her gun arm or legs, the growth of the vines may disrupt her aim or hamper her own ability to defend herself.