Swapping Savantism?

Trusk'our

In a hypothetical (and somewhat ridiculous) scenario, let's say that a time-traveling Set scientist stole Spook's ability to burn tin, but left him alive and let him keep his Hemalurgically granted pewter. Spook then flairs his pewter nearly all the time to compensate for his loss of tin, just as he had done with his natural power.

The question I have is, would his Spiritweb shift to accommodate the new power and overwrite (remove and replace) his other form of Savantism, meaning he would suffer from pewter Savantism, but not tin Savantism?

I don't think it would overwrite Tin savantism, it would just end up with him being Savant in both.
TLR was Savant in all the metals (and possibly in Feruchemy as well), so individual savantisms don't overwrite one another.

You just stretch your spiritweb in different ways.

So end result would be Spook that is effectively blind/deaf/without senses (since they can no longer burn Tin) which would combine with Pewter Savantism, where he could not feel pain nor exhaustion. So you have someone who is A-pewter burner, without basically any senses.

2 hours ago, therunner said:

I don't think it would overwrite Tin savantism, it would just end up with him being Savant in both.
TLR was Savant in all the metals (and possibly in Feruchemy as well), so individual savantisms don't overwrite one another.

You just stretch your spiritweb in different ways.

So end result would be Spook that is effectively blind/deaf/without senses (since they can no longer burn Tin) which would combine with Pewter Savantism, where he could not feel pain nor exhaustion. So you have someone who is A-pewter burner, without basically any senses.

All brute force, I suppose.

I wonder if the grace and dexterity provided by pewter would help offset some of the debilitation of the tin Savantism? Well, obviously not some of the stuff (like near blindness or deafness), but maybe at least that?

I also wonder if someone who was the donor of a Hemalurgic spike but who didn't die who then became a Savant afterward would be "healed" a little bit, since their Spirtweb may adapt to use the new influx of Investiture by being a Savant via Hemalurgic spike (a different spike from the one they had before) and in the process also try to adapt to the hole in their Spiritweb? Basically, think neural plasticity, but for the Spiritual aspect rather than the brain.

36 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

I wonder if the grace and dexterity provided by pewter would help offset some of the debilitation of the tin Savantism? Well, obviously not some of the stuff (like near blindness or deafness), but maybe at least that?

It could help with proprioception, though it is questionable if that is affected by A-Tin in the first place. (though seeing Spook it might be).
But you would still be basically unable to perceive your surroundings.

37 minutes ago, Trusk'our said:

I also wonder if someone who was the donor of a Hemalurgic spike but who didn't die who then became a Savant afterward would be "healed" a little bit, since their Spirtweb may adapt to use the new influx of Investiture by being a Savant via Hemalurgic spike (a different spike from the one they had before) and in the process also try to adapt to the hole in their Spiritweb? Basically, think neural plasticity, but for the Spiritual aspect rather than the brain.

I don't think so.
Savantism is very specific kind of transformation of spiritweb, sort of limited sliverism. As you use given power, the spiritweb adapts to the power, and can no longer function as usual.
So I don't think it would do anything to heal spiritweb in any way.

Sole exception being A-Aluminum savantism, which can help 'purge' unwanted effects, though I doubt that includes even minor healing of Hemalurgic wounds.