Gravity Falls RP - 17th Shard Edition!

Zephrun’s Imperium

11 minutes ago, Zephrun’s Imperium said:

Alerted by the sound of her progeny, Carrie turned around. "The list was put out before we left, but I have an extra copy somewhereeeee..." After rummaging around in a giant bag, she proffered a paper that was, despite all odds, perfectly immaculate, with no folds or wrinkles whatsoever. 

"Thanks! Sorry we forgot to check... uhh... I kind of forgot about the trip till day of." Madds read the crisp paper containing the list.

@Justice_Magician do u wanna room together

Since we're interacting n stuff lol

On 3/22/2023 at 3:03 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

I can be the kid!

Name: Maddox Thompson
Appearance: Fluffy red hair in a bob, round glasses, short-ish.
Details: Nickname Madds. Lemon Demon and cartoons are their entire personality (i don't care if spirit phone was released in 2016 that is what they will be listening to. and anyway neil did the "it's gonna get weird" song so it's totally gf related). also they like to read but they keep that kind of to themself cause they don't want to seem nerdy (but they already do lol). Likes dogs cats and frogs :D

Personality: Little unfriendly, but not necessarily on purpose. Pretty funny sometimes, pretty awkward other times.
Skills: Can play the ukulele.

is there anything i should add about them being Carrie's kid?

Wait is this kid a guy or a girl 

Oh.

Gary got out of the bus. He started towards the building, catching up to the other kids. Gosh, my legs are so stiff rn. He decided he should find who he was supposed to room with, then take a shower. He sighed, zoning out. He stumbled, nearly running into another kid, Giles? Kyle? Yeah, I think it’s Kyle. “Gosh dude! Why’d you trip me like that?”

He ran into Lyle, by the way. @Wittles of Shinovar do you want to room with my character? I had the idea of maybe some character development where he has to learn to be nice to “unpopular” people, as he sees it, and maybe they could get to be great friends! :D If you had other plans that’s cool too!

Edited by TheAlpha929

I just kind of go with whatever, I didn't really have a plan. I think that's a great idea @TheAlpha929 !

Lyle turned around, mortified. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...I'm sorry!"

"That was so embarrassing, not even five minutes and I've already a fool of myself." 

Edited by Wittles of Shinovar

“Dude,” Gary shoved past… Miles? But then… he felt something. He looked back, and turned around. “Uh, sorry,” he blurted, and started back toward the building. What was that? He felt bad, even though it hadn’t been his fault! That guy was totally out in the middle of the way. He shook his head. Maybe it’s just cuz I’m tired. I gotta hit the sack soon.

Lyle walked up to Carrie, pointedly avoiding eye contact.

"Uh, hi, I don't think I got a good look at the list before we left, could you tell me who I'll be sharing a room with? I think I'm ready to go to bed."

do u wanna room together

Since we're interacting n stuff lol

sure

August glanced at the list Carrie was holding.

"Looks like we're together Madds," He said pulling his suitcase through the lobby towards the hallway, "Room 5 I think."

The hallway smelled kinda weird, but he ignored it as he looked for a door with a 5 on it. 

1 hour ago, Zephrun’s Imperium said:

Pretty sure they're nonbinary, but I highly doubt they're out...

Yeppers that works

Can Madds be out to Carrie tho? She seems like a good mom

Edit: ahhh @Justice_Magician ninja'd

I can rp in like an hour; -; (am at a concert intermission rn)

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

11 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Looks like we're together Madds," He said pulling his suitcase through the lobby towards the hallway, "Room 5 I think."

"Alrighty-o!" Madds hopped off after August. They were content with the arrangement; he seemed not insufferable. And they needed to set their backpack down. They had to wear it in front because of the ukulele slung over their shoulder. Madds was a master packer/crammer. They'd fit everything for the trip into the backpack. Which meant it felt like a billion rocks. "Room five is designated cool kids room now! Let's go. Is it just me, or does this hallway smell like garlic?"

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm
omg not me using two semicolons in one paragraph

11 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

"Alrighty-o!" Madds hopped off after August. They were content with the arrangement; he seemed not insufferable. And they needed to set their backpack down. They had to wear it in front because of the ukulele slung over their shoulder. Madds was a master packer/crammer. They'd fit everything for the trip into the backpack. Which meant it felt like a billion rocks. "Room five is designated cool kids room now! Let's go. Is it just me, or does this hallway smell like garlic?"

"Oh no, it totally smells like garlic in here," August said as he unlocked the door to the room and pulled his suitcase inside.

Other then a small, suspicious stain on the ceiling in one corner, it looked fine-- and completely roach free.

"Maybe they were making pizza?" he guessed.

2 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Maybe they were making pizza?" he guessed.

"Or maybe this place has a vampire infestation..."

Madds shrugged the backpack off onto one of the beds. The bedspread was a slightly unpleasant shade of pea green, but there were no roaches in sight. And there was even a tv! Madds stepped over and switched it on. There was a man with big ears advertising a vacuum with the phrase "It sucks more than anything!"

Madds switched it back off. They didn't really need a vacuum.

They plopped onto the bed and started mindlessly strumming their uke. "Sooo.... What do you think's gonna be on the itinerary, August? Augustus? Auggie? Gus?"

15 hours ago, Zephrun’s Imperium said:

"You should have a roommate on the list," she said. "If not, you could always room with me!"

Zorka flinched visibly. "Yeah no. Just tell me who's on the list."

Anyone want to be roommates? 

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

"Or maybe this place has a vampire infestation..."

Madds shrugged the backpack off onto one of the beds. The bedspread was a slightly unpleasant shade of pea green, but there were no roaches in sight. And there was even a tv! Madds stepped over and switched it on. There was a man with big ears advertising a vacuum with the phrase "It sucks more than anything!"

Madds switched it back off. They didn't really need a vacuum.

They plopped onto the bed and started mindlessly strumming their uke. "Sooo.... What do you think's gonna be on the itinerary, August? Augustus? Auggie? Gus?"

August narrowed his eyes at the use of "Gus." Madds seemed like a nice person though, so he ignored it. 

"I think we're going to the lake tomorrow," he said, flopping down on his own, very green, bed. He dug around in his bag, and then pulled out a tea pot. He set this gently on the bedside table. Then he got out a teacup and saucer, and poured himself a cup. It was orange juice, not tea. What kind of a person would choose tea over orange juice?

"I hope they don't make us swim," he said, "I'm not very good at it."

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Anyone want to be roommates? 

There's no other girl student characters and I don't think they'd allow her to room with a boy, so I'm more than happy to make a character for that! 

Name: Kristy Olsen
Appearance: Brown curls, usually pulled back in a poofy ponytail
Details: Always writing in a notebook, documenting inspiration for things on the speech team
Personality: Fairly shy, but very passionate
Skills: Cooking, writing

"Looks like a Kristy Olsen," Carrie said. "I think she's right over there!"

A girl, slight of frame with a pair of colorful glasses, waved.

20 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

August narrowed his eyes at the use of "Gus." Madds seemed like a nice person though, so he ignored it. 

"I think we're going to the lake tomorrow," he said, flopping down on his own, very green, bed. He dug around in his bag, and then pulled out a tea pot. He set this gently on the bedside table. Then he got out a teacup and saucer, and poured himself a cup. It was orange juice, not tea. What kind of a person would choose tea over orange juice?

"I hope they don't make us swim," he said, "I'm not very good at it."

"I don't mind swimming as long as the water isn't cold." 

Madds eyed August's oj teapot suspiciously. Why have oj when you could have a nice cup of rooibus? Oh well. To each their own. Madds pulled a box of chipackers from their backpack (zesty ranch flavor, of course) and started munching. "I'm starving. I can't eat on busses or I get sick. Want any chipackers?"

1 hour ago, Zephrun’s Imperium said:

"Looks like a Kristy Olsen," Carrie said. "I think she's right over there!"

A girl, slight of frame with a pair of colorful glasses, waved.

"Great," Zorka said, walking over to the girl. "Let's go find our roach-free beds, shall we?"

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

"I don't mind swimming as long as the water isn't cold." 

Madds eyed August's oj teapot suspiciously. Why have oj when you could have a nice cup of rooibus? Oh well. To each their own. Madds pulled a box of chipackers from their backpack (zesty ranch flavor, of course) and started munching. "I'm starving. I can't eat on busses or I get sick. Want any chipackers?"

". . . are they any good?" he asked glancing curiously at the box.