Veil is the worst

Paigem1415

15 hours ago, Paigem1415 said:

Am I the only who one hates Veil, but loves Shallan? Veil is just so self righteous and annoying.

Eh, I didn't like Veil's character too much either. I don't exactly hate her, but I don't like the character's attitude or personality either; she feels a bit too forced.

I do like the espionage she does though, which makes her sections worth reading. Plus, I'd rather have a diverse cast of characters than have all of them be the same, even if I don't like all of them a whole lot.

(also, you may want to put this in the SA section)

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Eh, I didn't like Veil's character too much either. I don't exactly hate her, but I don't like the character's attitude or personality either; she feels a bit too forced.

I do like the espionage she does though, which makes her sections worth reading. Plus, I'd rather have a diverse cast of characters than have all of them be the same, even if I don't like all of them a whole lot.

(also, you may want to put this in the SA section)

I feel like she might have been written to be forced. Like, Shallan tries really hard to make her really hardcore, but in reality she’s kind of… fake hardcore?

4 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

I feel like she might have been written to be forced. Like, Shallan tries really hard to make her really hardcore, but in reality she’s kind of… fake hardcore?

I suppose that makes more sense than Shallan somehow knowing how someone hardcore would actually be despite never meeting one. I hadn't considered that before.

She still isn't exactly my favorite character, but I think she's good to have in the book overall.

I definitely enjoyed Shallan as a character far more before Veil came on the scene. I don’t know that I would say I “hate” Veil, but she’s just kind of there for me. I do agree that I definitely dislike her attitude. I really enjoyed Shallan in WOK and really connected with her because of her love for art. Unfortunately I became less of a fan about part way through the next book and my opinion of her hasn’t recovered much.