So Stormlight and Track & Field

The_Milkgod

So just random thought. 
lets say Stormlight were real in someway or whatever, and a person who ran track or any other sport really were a Windrunner. Would they be able to weigh themselves down to help with strength training or utilize Stormlight in some other way to assist training? Or would them using any Stormlight just heal any part if their body as they tried to build up strength making it a moot point? 

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Stormlight would reset your body so you wouldn't get stronger.

However you could make yourself weigh less while maintaining your strength and oxygen levels so you could run forever.

Yeah that’s what I figured. Would be interesting to have seen something like that if Stormlight didn’t work the way it does. 

I haven’t thought of the running forever, that’d be interesting. The whole ability to fly almost makes running useless but it’d be really cool to see a Windrunner use they’re surges for some ridiculous running feats.

18 minutes ago, The_Milkgod said:

I haven’t thought of the running forever, that’d be interesting. The whole ability to fly almost makes running useless but it’d be really cool to see a Windrunner use they’re surges for some ridiculous running feats.

Well, Kaladin couldn't make himself lighter, but in RoW, he uses it to carry Teft for longer than he probably could. (Maybe he could have carried Teft for that long. I don't know. Kaladin's got to have insane stamina, even without Stormlight. He pushes his body to the very limits quite often.)

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

6 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Well, Kaladin couldn't make himself lighter, but in RoW, he uses it to carry Teft for longer than he probably could. (Maybe he could have carried Teft for that long. I don't know. Kaladin's got to have insane stamina, even without Stormlight. He pushes his body to the very limits quite often.)

Hasn’t he made himself lighter before? I thought he did it in WoR just having a slight lashing? 

I guess it depends on how you want to define "make himself lighter"... but I agree that's how Lashings seem to work.  1 Full Lashing upwards and you fall up instead of down; half a Lashing up, and you are floating "weightless".  Windrunners "fly" by Lashing themselves in the direction they want to go, and you can do multiple Lashings in one direction, which essentially makes you "heavier" in that direction.

But I don't think that's exactly what the OP was asking about - they are interested in "Lashing-assisted weight training."

10 hours ago, Frustration said:

Stormlight would reset your body so you wouldn't get stronger.

However you could make yourself weigh less while maintaining your strength and oxygen levels so you could run forever.

If the windrunner just lashed themselves (or their backpack or cloths or whatever) to magically manipulate the weights, but didnt hold Stormlight throughout the workout or use it to erase the healing pain/soreness afterward, it might work.  But it would take discipline and still be a mostly mundane workout.  Same probably goes for a Lightweaver that wants to build an alcohol tolerance up to the White: they cant use the stormlight to erase the consequences and still get the gains.