Mistborn book1 almost done, plans for the cosmere series?

Zenex

So started January 23 with The Final Empire.  My goal to get back into reading.

Hoping each book in the series each month.

But Im not sure I should delve right into era 2.  Pause for Secret History then onto The Lost Metal I believe.

But, I am also hearing that should maybe stop and before era 2 try some Stormlight before continue.

Im not so sure I want to jump to another series in the middle, especially such a big one.

I do intend to get all the SL books and continue my journey

But whats the best path to take?

Ty

20230126_113353.jpg

3 hours ago, Zenex said:

Hoping each book in the series each month.

But Im not sure I should delve right into era 2.  Pause for Secret History then onto The Lost Metal I believe.

Oh, not the Lost Metal! Era 2 starts with The Alloy of Law, then Shadows of Self, then Bands of Mourning, and then The Lost Metal.

I had to comment because I feared for you. I should actually be doing other things right now, so I won't offer any advice other than don't start Era 2 with The Lost Metal!

If you want a Mistborn break but don’t want to be overwhelmed then Elantris and Warbreaker are great Cosmere novels to go with next. Both are fun reads and help you see some other corners of the Cosmere before hopping into the TASK that is Stormlight Archive. 

Also for secret history, it is nice to read it after The Bands of Mourning (iirc that was the published order). But between eras is an equally good place to read it as well. 

7 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Oh, not the Lost Metal! Era 2 starts with The Alloy of Law, then Shadows of Self, then Bands of Mourning, and then The Lost Metal.

I had to comment because I feared for you. I should actually be doing other things right now, so I won't offer any advice other than don't start Era 2 with The Lost Metal!

yeah im aware of that order but people also mentioning that should read some stormlight before mistborn era 2

or shall i just do the whole mistborn series, in the order of 123 456 with secret history, lost metal then think of stormlight etc

13 hours ago, Zenex said:

yeah im aware of that order but people also mentioning that should read some stormlight before mistborn era 2

or shall i just do the whole mistborn series, in the order of 123 456 with secret history, lost metal then think of stormlight etc

I would suggest, Mistborn era 1, alloy of law, shadows of self, bands of mourning, secret history, lost metal.

Now I probs would maybe recommend reading a little of stormlight before the lost metal due to the lost metal being the first book to properly include cross cosmere content. Reading Stormlight will give more insight and can allow you to understand references better. But the stormlight books are hella long. Would recommend just TWOK.

Well, it depends on a few things but...

My reccomended order is this:

Mistborn era 1

Secret History

Reread era one with added context if you like (I did and it was even better the seccond time)

Warbreaker

The Way Of Kings and Words Of Radiance

Short cosmere story of some kind, you choose

Mistborn era 2

Oathbringer and Rhythm of War