Ideas on Ulaam...

Lil Grizzles

So, I have a crazy theory, haven't found it anywhere.

What if Ulaam is actually Ulim, inhabiting a mistwraith that has gem heart bones??? Reasons are such.

1) He has red eyes. Why does a kandra have red eyes? Ulim is red.

2) We have zero idea when Tress takes place. What if the "sazed released them" line is a red herring to make us think Ulaam is from Scadrial but at some point Sazed actually helps release the voidspren from Roshar?

3) we know Odium is scared of Sazed. Maybe Sazed would be powerful enough to break that connection in the future??

4) Hoid and Ulaam seem to go WAYYYYYY back, and Ulim did mention Hoid (I think? it is itching my brain...)

Am I crazy???

5 hours ago, Lil Grizzles said:

So, I have a crazy theory, haven't found it anywhere.

What if Ulaam is actually Ulim, inhabiting a mistwraith that has gem heart bones??? Reasons are such.

1) He has red eyes. Why does a kandra have red eyes? Ulim is red.

2) We have zero idea when Tress takes place. What if the "sazed released them" line is a red herring to make us think Ulaam is from Scadrial but at some point Sazed actually helps release the voidspren from Roshar?

3) we know Odium is scared of Sazed. Maybe Sazed would be powerful enough to break that connection in the future??

4) Hoid and Ulaam seem to go WAYYYYYY back, and Ulim did mention Hoid (I think? it is itching my brain...)

Am I crazy???

Ulaam is mentioned in The Last Metal in context that implies an early generation Kandra possibly on the level of TenSoon. 

44 minutes ago, Leuthie said:

Ulaam is just another Kandra that Harmony has sent out into the Cosmere. It's possible that Ulaam was sent specifically to track Hoid.

It's said that Sazed released the kandra, so they don't serve him anymore. It was actually Hoid who contacted Ulaam with a letter, which made him come to Lumar where he found Hoid in his cursed state (it's explained very fleetingly in chapter 22).

Edited by Elegy

3 hours ago, Elegy said:

It's said that Sazed released the kandra, so they don't serve him anymore. It was actually Hoid who contacted Ulaam with a letter, which made him come to Lumar where he found Hoid in his cursed state (it's explained very fleetingly in chapter 22).

Releasing the kandra doesn’t mean some of them can’t decide to serve him of their own volition. That being said Ulaam felt more 17th Shardy than anything else.