Dual Bindpoints Proven to Exist

Trusk'our

I recently re-read the first trilogy of Mistborn when I noticed something that I hadn't before. The Inquisitor that vin and Elend fight in the beginning of the book has a pewter spike through the heart, granting him Feruchemical steel (HoA pg. 50). However, Penrod later gets a bronze spike containing Allomantic copper pierced through his heart (HoA pg. 294).

On the Hemalurgy table the heart sits between both the physical bindpoints and the mental bindpoints, which is probably why this is possible. 

I believe then that you could possibly create a Hemalurgic spike made of two or more metals, containing two or more respective powers, and then put them into the same bindpoint, so long as it was one that could work for either Hemalurgic quadrant.

I doubt that you could have a universal bindpoint though, one that could hold any and all powers, because it would require a bindpoint that was right between the physical, mental, and temporal areas, rather than between two.

According to this WoB it is not just the heart but a very specific part of the heart. So unless they binding points were close enough that the dual-metal spike could touch both it wouldn't work. 

Brandon Sanderson

So, since I was doing other things.  Hemalurgy-when you spike, you place the spike in a place that determines which charge the spike gets.  

Kythis

Through the heart seems to pick up universally.

Brandon Sanderson

It depends on where in the heart. It's like acupuncture. This was designed from acupuncture and you get very specific on which nerve you're hitting and things like that

Kythis

So the spike will never pick up more than one power.

Brandon Sanderson

Well, the way they know how to do it.

Footnote: This clarifies two previous questions.
Words of Radiance Omaha signing (March 13, 2014)