Random Bystander

So...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is this idea dumb?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • ...Maybe.

Just now, The Halcyon Girl said:

She stared at him out of the corner of her eye, amused and also not sure what to think. 

Penguin-Par stood up and scooped up on of the juggling balls that had fallen when he transformed. He awkwardly tried to toss it to the other flipper. It fell pathetically to the floor.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Penguin-Par stood up and scooped up on of the juggling balls that had fallen when he transformed. He awkwardly tried to toss it to the other flipper. It fell pathetically to the floor.

1 minute ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

Emerik found nothing interesting, so he walked back into the main room. He saw a penguin on the floor near the fireplace, and let out a laugh at the absurdity of the situation

Abihal laughed and turned her whole attention to the penguin, then turned briefly to wave at the person over there. 

Abihal laughed and turned her whole attention to the penguin, then turned briefly to wave at the person over there. 

Catching her laughter, Par flapped his wings angrily. Scooping up another ball, he tossed it at her.

He saw the wave so he walked over and began speaking to her.

"Hi, I'm Emerik. Do you have any idea what this was about?" He said with a slight smile gesturing at the penguin

Catching her laughter, Par flapped his wings angrily. Scooping up another ball, he tossed it at her.

“Oh, come on,” she complained, unable to stop grinning. “How can I not laugh at a penguin?”

Just now, Witless of Shinovar said:

He saw the wave so he walked over and began speaking to her.

"Hi, I'm Emerik. Do you have any idea what this was about?" He said with a slight smile gesturing at the penguin

“This is Par. He said something about needing to think.”

“Oh, come on,” she complained, unable to stop grinning. “How can I not laugh at a penguin?”

"Ah yes, the best way to think, as a penguin." He turned to the penguin. "Hello Par, would you mind introducing yourself as a human?"

He sat down with the indignancy of a toddler. In a puff of air, he became human again, smiling. "People usually like that."

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He sat down with the indignancy of a toddler. In a puff of air, he became human again, smiling. "People usually like that."

"Don't worry, it was very amusing to be sure." He said with a grin. He took out the same coin again and began flipping it into the air

Sorry for double posting, Halcyon's question came after I had submitted my response

3 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Abihal watched with interest. “Do you play any instruments?”

"Not really, I prefer to listen"

"The flute has a nice sound to it. Would you mind playing us a tune?"

“Sure.” She glanced around the hall. Don’t want anyone else to hear, though… it’s fine. Nobody will notice.

She pulled a rough wooden flute out from her bag, then brought it to her lips. The tune was mysterious, almost haunting. 

1) it’s like the song Mr Tumnus plays for Lucy, if you’ve heard that

2) anyone else in the hall won’t hear a thing, unless they’re within about ten feet of her

3) I have to go; bye!

“Sure.” She glanced around the hall. Don’t want anyone else to hear, though… it’s fine. Nobody will notice.

She pulled a rough wooden flute out from her bag, then brought it to her lips. The tune was mysterious, almost haunting. 

"That was quite pleasant."

Bye :)

"Am I the only one here without something to hide?"

Emerik simply smiled and said "Before I tell you, how about a little game, you tell me a secret, I tell you one in return.

"That was quite pleasant."

Emerik simply smiled and said "Before I tell you, how about a little game, you tell me a secret, I tell you one in return.

"There isn't much to tell. Like I said, I don't really have anything to hide. What kind of thing are you thinking?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"There isn't much to tell. Like I said, I don't really have anything to hide. What kind of thing are you thinking?"

His face fell, "I was hoping to tell the secret to this coin in a dramatic theatrical style, but I guess you'd rather me tell you the boring way."

1 minute ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

His face fell, "I was hoping to tell the secret to this coin in a dramatic theatrical style, but I guess you'd rather me tell you the boring way."

"Oh, here's a fun one. I once raised a stray kitten in my room for two years. And no one found out! Okay, now you go."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Oh, here's a fun one. I once raised a stray kitten in my room for two years. And no one found out! Okay, now you go."

He chuckled and gave the coin a flip, heads. "I once stole a priceless diamond studded bracelet off of a passing noblewoman without her noticing, it sold for a lot." 

He flipped the coin again. Heads