Mistborn Era 1 and Elantris

StanLemon

After learning from TotES that Riina had 'recovered' from her decrepit state that she and the other Ire were in in Secret History, I think that Era 1 takes place some time during the 10 year period of the Reod. Brandon has alluded that the Reod affected offworld Elantrians even if not so severely as it did to Elantrians who were on Sel. Additionally the description of the Elantrians of the Ire in Secret History always sounded halfway between Reod and proper Elantrians to me.

He's also said the timeline is fluid until he sets it in stone. I bring this up solely because based on the knowledge we have, it's the most likely reason for their diminished state. Sure there could be other causes which we may learn in the Elantris sequel but we do have a likely reason right now

4 hours ago, StanLemon said:

After learning from TotES that Riina had 'recovered' from her decrepit state that she and the other Ire were in in Secret History, I think that Era 1 takes place some time during the 10 year period of the Reod. Brandon has alluded that the Reod affected offworld Elantrians even if not so severely as it did to Elantrians who were on Sel. Additionally the description of the Elantrians of the Ire in Secret History always sounded halfway between Reod and proper Elantrians to me.

Then the mere fact would not be remarkable to Hoid. We can be pretty sure that TotES is at least a few decades after Era 2. That means that she would have centuries to recover and for Hoid to meet recovered Elantrians. And he was on Sel for sure, as he met Shai there.

It would also mean that Hoid met members of the Ire during that relatively short time. But during those years he was on Scadrial, not in Shadesmar and he was busy recovering Lerasium.

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Then the mere fact would not be remarkable to Hoid. We can be pretty sure that TotES is at least a few decades after Era 2. That means that she would have centuries to recover and for Hoid to meet recovered Elantrians. And he was on Sel for sure, as he met Shai there.

It would also mean that Hoid met members of the Ire during that relatively short time. But during those years he was on Scadrial, not in Shadesmar and he was busy recovering Lerasium.

Riina and the other Ire were very near Scadrial during Era 1 and Secret History proves that Hoid didn't spend the entirety of Era 1 on Scadrial as sometime just before or during WoA he was returning from somewhere