Compounded chromium and other cosmere "fortune"

Tamriel Wolfsbaine

I know most of fortune has been placed in the RAFO bin but I have found myself ever more curious about it in the last few days.  

I would love to hear others thoughts on what it could be in the long run and how they would picture it being used.   Here is the journey that led me to caring about it suddenly... 

So I enjoy building characters for MAG games over in my mind and I always liked the idea of the "luck-o-mancer" just playing Yahtzee in a game but I never really enjoyed any ways to flavor the power outside of playing yahtzee... 

But then my son read the Alcatraz books by our very own BrandoSando and he convinced me to pause oathbringer and take a break (plus if you follow any of my other posts you know I needed a break from that anyways... I will revisit it and end stormlight).  For those who have never read nor heard of the Alcatraz books and want a fun short read I must highly recommend them.  I find it such a lighthearted change of pace.  

ANYWAYS... I found the talents to be brilliant ideas for flavoring some cool luck-o-mancer chromium stuff and I think it would be awesome if, when we do get to see it on screen we get some similar scenes.   

Back to the cosmere anyways... I definately think that this power is going to be absurd and I have a feeling that compounded chromium may come around to be a future sight without future sight sort of deal.  The benefits of using other powers while simply just trusting the world to do with it what you will.  

I am listening to the books now and can't help but talking to my 11 year old like the grandpa.  My kid is having a blast with it and it has totally helped my brain think of new and creative narrative flavor for some MAG character/ characters.  

1 hour ago, JustQuestin2004 said:

I kind of imagine it like a Spider-Sense, except instead of just guiding you away from danger it'll guide you to beneficial opportunities.

For sure!  I watched some spider sense stuff last week.  I always thought tin would be more spidersense but I decided that in world those reaction times had to be in motion too much before for it to work like that.  

Some weird spider sense talents stuck together to create this world around you that almost always goes your way.  

12 hours ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

For sure!  I watched some spider sense stuff last week.  I always thought tin would be more spidersense but I decided that in world those reaction times had to be in motion too much before for it to work like that.  

Some weird spider sense talents stuck together to create this world around you that almost always goes your way.  

Yeah, less Rube Goldberg shenanigans and more 'My gut says to go this way... Wow I'm a millionaire now!'