The Sleepless Reformation of Adonalsium (TLM Update)

GreyHive

Last year I posted my end-of-the-cosmere theory, which can be found here. In lieu of breaking the spoiler policy (who would do that??), I am posting updates here and linking. I am open to feedback/criticism! TLM didn't do much to support it, but I also don't think it rules it out.

Supporting my theories:

• The army of Autonomy appear (lookswise) to be similar to the Iriali (Gold skin). The alignment Autonomy and the Iriali make sense thematically.
  • Autonomy's goal of spreading to different planets and investing avatars, align with the motivations I've put forth above.

Detracting from my theories:

• Bavadin is confirmed as holding Autonomy. 
    • I still believe Bavadin could use the Sleepless to accomplish her goals (stated above). She may have also created them, as they are not native to Roshar.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, GreyHive said:

Last year I posted my end-of-the-cosmere theory, which can be found here. In lieu of breaking the spoiler policy (who would do that??), I am posting updates here and linking. I am open to feedback/criticism! TLM didn't do much to support it, but I also don't think it rules it out.

Supporting my theories:

• The army of Autonomy appear (lookswise) to be similar to the Iriali (Gold skin). The alignment Autonomy and the Iriali make sense thematically.
  • Autonomy's goal of spreading to different planets and investing avatars, align with the motivations I've put forth above.

Detracting from my theories:

• Bavadin is confirmed as holding Autonomy. 
    • I still believe Bavadin could use the Sleepless to accomplish her goals (stated above). She may have also created them, as they are not native to Roshar.

Don't the sleepless call the shattering "the Great Sin?" Or something like that?

Doesn't sound like the type to work with a shard. 

Not sure what you mean about the how dose iriali alining themselves to autonomy make any sense?

On 12/5/2022 at 6:41 AM, bmcclure7 said:

Don't the sleepless call the shattering "the Great Sin?" Or something like that?

Doesn't sound like the type to work with a shard. 

They could be choosing to work with autonomy for a temporary period to steal the Shard from her. Lesser of 16  11 evils type of decision

@bmcclure7 good questions!

The premise of my theory is that the sleepless will be the tool to unify Adonalsium, thus rectifying "The Great Sin".

The Iriali believe God broke itself into many beings in order to experience the universe, but one day, they will reform. I see parallels with what Autonomy is doing, spreading herself across the galaxy. 

8 hours ago, GreyHive said:

@bmcclure7 good questions!

The premise of my theory is that the sleepless will be the tool to unify Adonalsium, thus rectifying "The Great Sin".

The Iriali believe God broke itself into many beings in order to experience the universe, but one day, they will reform. I see parallels with what Autonomy is doing, spreading herself across the galaxy. 

I don't see the connection Autonomy isn't splintering her self so she can't reform. And none of her other religions have experience as the center. There is not theme of freedom, or independence in the religion. There also they hole theme of the pilgrimage to different planets which doesn't make sense at all come from Autonomy.

I do admit that the religion does have individualism as a theme and Autonomy dose have connection to the color gold (then again so dose odium) so perhaps there is something there. 

I wonder if there's a connection to the sleepless?

They after all reproduce by splintering themselves. 

Edited by bmcclure7

In chapter 33 Maraga (the journalist who that investigated the set) references "bug men" as a crazy her newspaper published (or might publish). Maybe this is a stroy that originated from sighting of the sleepless, so it might mean there are sleepless on Scadrial.

*It might also be unrelated story someone imagined.

"This [the Set]... was a story. A real story. Not a whimsical tale about bug men or the dangers of electricity."