Ranger Corps

Why heloooo,

This is a topic for all those who love/loved the Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. I am not sure if anyone has heard of it but … The Ruins of Gorlan was the first ever Fantasy book I ever read, and if it had not kindled in me a love for derring do, and far off places I never would have picked up Mistborn, and become the Sanderfan I am today! 
I thought I would make this in honour of ‘Arazan’s wolves’, the sixth Royal Ranger book coming out in two days! (I had no idea that he had continued the series and placed an order for all the new ones today, for old times sake!)

Feel free to post opinions on the series, personal anecdotes, theories and just discuss! (Brotherband, Royal Ranger and The early years also welcome here!) :lol:

3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Why heloooo,

This is a topic for all those who love/loved the Ranger’s Apprentice series by John Flanagan. I am not sure if anyone has heard of it but … The Ruins of Gorlan was the first ever Fantasy book I ever read, and if it had not kindled in me a love for derring do, and far off places I never would have picked up Mistborn, and become the Sanderfan I am today! 
I thought I would make this in honour of ‘Arazan’s wolves’, the sixth Royal Ranger book coming out in two days! (I had no idea that he had continued the series and placed an order for all the new ones today, for old times sake!)

Feel free to post opinions on the series, personal anecdotes, theories and just discuss! (Brotherband, Royal Ranger and The early years also welcome here!) :lol:

I loved that series as a kid, was really sad to se where Will ended up in later years. Adored the brother band chronicles even more when they came out cause of Hal, sadly my dad kept the books when I moved out. Even so, thanks for the reminder of a series I loved and stumbled upon as a child at my school library.

• 10 months later...
30 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

I believe there are currently more books in the RA world than the entire cosmere

Ooh... let's see...

16 for rangers apprentice and royal ranger together...

brother band is eight books...

24 RA world books... Though, if we count the short stories as separate in Lost Stories, it would be 32.

For the Cosmere... about 32, though 33 counting secret project four. So, the Cosmere is tied with the RA world, though will swiftly be overtaking it. Just a few more days.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ooh... let's see...

16 for rangers apprentice and royal ranger together...

brother band is eight books...

24 RA world books... Though, if we count the short stories as separate in Lost Stories, it would be 32.

For the Cosmere... about 32, though 33 counting secret project four. So, the Cosmere is tied with the RA world, though will swiftly be overtaking it. Just a few more days.

Theres 6 royal ranger books and 9 brotherband, which would put it ahead