Channelknight Fadran

10 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest glanced around at the hallway and when he turned back, the door was closed, with Kealie inside. Panicked, Quest slammed against the door but to no avail. The doorknob was stuck.

"Kealie! Kealie you in there?" Quest screamed. He thought he heard Kealie calling his name back, but it was hard to tell. 

"Oh. Oh, ok. Thanks creepy house." Quest slumped against the door, looking out into the dark hallways. The hallways seemed to stretch before him, sinister red fire illuminating doors upon doors of secrets. The shadows seemed to dance at the edge of his visions, holding hidden horrors. Quest could swear he saw something darting back when his head turned.

No, no. Focus. What can you do Quest? You could...burn the door down? No, that probably is a bad idea. Umm...hmm. 

Quest sat, back against the doorframe, knees clutched to his chest. "Um, Kealie? Are you ok in there?" 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said, voice quivering. “Just stuck alone in a room with creepy dolls and no idea what’s going to happen and I’m also totally panicking and I could really use some company right now. Or some toast.”

3 hours ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she said, voice quivering. “Just stuck alone in a room with creepy dolls and no idea what’s going to happen and I’m also totally panicking and I could really use some company right now. Or some toast.”

"Hey, Kealie!" Vance knocked on the door a couple times. "We just got here. You're gonna be fine, okay? We're gonna get you out of there."

On 12/24/2022 at 5:43 PM, xinoehp512 said:

The tip of the thread unexpectedly separated as Miyako pulled on it.

Miyako groaned. She waved the broken thread at the princess. "That's cheating!" Miyako accused. 

She began to walk towards the Princess, chopping through any threads with her sword and stream. 

On 12/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

On 12/24/2022 at 11:11 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey, Kealie!" Vance knocked on the door a couple times. "We just got here. You're gonna be fine, okay? We're gonna get you out of there."

On 12/24/2022 at 8:04 PM, Ookla the Inverted said:

"Any way I can help?"

Quest shakily stood up, leaning on the door. "Kealie! We're going to come get you, your going to be ok. But try to find, or, um, make a way out of there. Could Eej break through a wall?"

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako groaned. She waved the broken thread at the princess. "That's cheating!" Miyako accused. 

She began to walk towards the Princess, chopping through any threads with her sword and stream. 

The princess let out a laugh at Miyako's remark. 

The guards on the floor suddenly stood up, cutting off Hyron's attack and leaving the princess free to focus her entire attention upon Miyako. Her golden threads wove together into five golden ropes- shorter, but too thick and braided to be easily sliced. She flicked one of them at Miyako's sword, two of them at her legs, and the other two at her arms.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The princess let out a laugh at Miyako's remark. 

The guards on the floor suddenly stood up, cutting off Hyron's attack and leaving the princess free to focus her entire attention upon Miyako. Her golden threads wove together into five golden ropes- shorter, but too thick and braided to be easily sliced. She flicked one of them at Miyako's sword, two of them at her legs, and the other two at her arms.

Miyako mouth quirked into grin as she backpedaled, slapping the ropes away. Her stream of water turned formless. Easily slipping past threads and ropes, it advanced on the Princess.

"What you doing with this Queen anyway?" Miyako casually asked. 

What are the Queen and Yerik doing?

Edited by Mr. Misting

On 12/24/2022 at 11:11 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Okay! Yes, please please please do, I’m not doing very well! Also apparently there’s lava pits on the floor.”

4 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest shakily stood up, leaning on the door. "Kealie! We're going to come get you, your going to be ok. But try to find, or, um, make a way out of there. Could Eej break through a wall?"

“Uh, no, I don’t think so, but there’s a big iron ball I could try to use. I don’t think I’m strong enough though.”

38 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako mouth quirked into grin as she backpedaled, slapping the ropes away. Her stream of water turned formless. Easily slipping past threads and ropes, it advanced on the Princess.

"What you doing with this Queen anyway?" Miyako casually asked. 

As Miyako slapped a rope away with her sword, it wrapped around the blade and pulled, attempting to yank it out of her hand. The princess pulled back one of her ropes, melting it into a breastplate around herself. Two of the other three combined at the tip, forming a rope that was twice as long. She swung this double length rope at Miyako's legs as she matched her advance, trying to trip her up.

"I crashed," the princess said. "She rescued me."

@Mr. Misting

The Queen snuck through the door behind the princess.

Yerik stumbled over to Hyron's side. He saw the soldiers advancing upon them and felt weariness fill him.

Here's a rough map of the throne room and the various actors therein at this moment.

63aa0fc52c3b9_ThroneRoom.thumb.png.67cef1c5150165e555539f98106168e3.png

Edited by xinoehp512

Just now, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“Okay! Yes, please please please do, I’m not doing very well! Also apparently there’s lava pits on the floor.”

“Uh, no, I don’t think so, but there’s a big iron ball I could try to use. I don’t think I’m strong enough though.”

“This door isn’t going to open by any feasible amount of force,” Vance replied, placing his hand on it. “Otherwise there wouldn’t be any point in keeping you alive while you’re locked in. We’re going to have to find another way through.”

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“This door isn’t going to open by any feasible amount of force,” Vance replied, placing his hand on it. “Otherwise there wouldn’t be any point in keeping you alive while you’re locked in. We’re going to have to find another way through.”

“Window? I think there’s a window.”

48 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

As Miyako slapped a rope away with her sword, it wrapped around the blade and pulled, attempting to yank it out of her hand. The princess pulled back one of her ropes, melting it into a breastplate around herself. Two of the other three combined at the tip, forming a rope that was twice as long. She swung this double length rope at Miyako's legs as she matched her advance, trying to trip her up.

"I crashed," the princess said. "She rescued me."

@Mr. Misting

Yerik stumbled over to Hyron's side. He saw the soldiers advancing upon them and felt weariness fill him.

Miyako let the sword pull her forward, using the force to jump over the rope. As soon as she landed Miyako began dashing towards the Princess, letting the rope around her sword go slack. As Miyako sprinted towards the Princess, her blob of water also advanced. It drifted towards the Princess, trying to seep past her clothes.

"So you agree with the Queen? What's she doing?" Miyako called out.

29 minutes ago, Ookla the BlowUpperOfStuff said:

“I’m positive.”

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“Be careful.”

Quest grinned at Vance. "She's positive." He turned back to the door and called out to Kealie, "Do you still have your blindfold on?"

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako let the sword pull her forward, using the force to jump over the rope. As soon as she landed Miyako began dashing towards the Princess, letting the rope around her sword go slack. As Miyako sprinted towards the Princess, her blob of water also advanced. It drifted towards the Princess, trying to seep past her clothes.

"So you agree with the Queen? What's she doing?" Miyako called out.

Quest grinned at Vance. "She's positive." He turned back to the door and called out to Kealie, "Do you still have your blindfold on?"

“Yep. Why?”