Ym's cameo in Edgedancer

Adamkarma

"Did you know we were considering bonding this nice cobbler man instead of you? A very kindly man who took care of children. I could have lived quietly, helping him, making shoes. I could have done an entire display of shoes!"

-Wyndle to Lift (Edgedancer chapter 4)

The cobbler is Ym from the interlude in WoR. Isn't he? That means that Ym was an Edgedancer.

Edited by Adamkarma
Mistake

4 minutes ago, Rg2045 said:

Theirs much overlap what people can bond. I could easily see Dalinar as a stoneward, navani as a elsecaller, and book 1,2 kaladin as a skybreaker

I'm not seeing the Kal skybreaker idea that much, I'd say he'd made much more sense as a Stoneward or Edgedancer

16 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I'm not seeing the Kal skybreaker idea that much, I'd say he'd made much more sense as a Stoneward or Edgedancer

Skybreakers are about justice, and syl made references that kaladin is not a skybreaker when he talks about getting justice for his squad. 
I feel that kaladin was balancing between Windrunner and skybreaker in tWoK and WoR but then focused on Windrunner in O onwards

4 hours ago, Rg2045 said:

Skybreakers are about justice, and syl made references that kaladin is not a skybreaker when he talks about getting justice for his squad. 
I feel that kaladin was balancing between Windrunner and skybreaker in tWoK and WoR but then focused on Windrunner in O onwards

4 hours ago, mathiau said:

I mean justice and honor are very close concepts (not the same but very close)

However Kaladin didn't care at all if he broke any rules.

He nearly broke out of prison in WoR & also conspired to kill the king.

Yet conspiracing to kill the king wasn't what damaged his Bond with Syl, it was promising that he would protect Elhokar and then breaking his promise.

I never thought Kaladin to be a Skybreaker. My opinion.

On 10/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, Rg2045 said:

Lawful Neutral vs Neutral Good?

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

Normally both should be Lawful Good, with Skybreaker being a bit more lawful than Windrunners. Current day Skybreakers are indeed LN though

I thought so too,  but Kal didn't hesitate to break whatever rules he needed to in the name of protecting people as a slave,  or in either military career.  Skybreakers seem like right or wrong,  they will follow the letter of the law without question

13 hours ago, Solant said:

I thought so too,  but Kal didn't hesitate to break whatever rules he needed to in the name of protecting people as a slave,  or in either military career.  Skybreakers seem like right or wrong,  they will follow the letter of the law without question

Lawful Good persons break laws when the laws are too evil, they just do it a last resort.

Also what Szeth's spren say in his interlude in RoW imply the relationship between the law and Skybreaker is much weaker than you think