Chapters 5-8

JuanMoreShard

On 10/4/2022 at 8:01 AM, JuanMoreShard said:

In general I do think Autonomy need be involved, the theme of Era 2 in general has been about self-volition. Bloody Tan's comments always ring in my head. The mention of "someone else moves us" is a really great quote indicating ideas of why we do what we do and also how Wax's life has been manipulated by Harmony without his consent. Is it ok for Harmony to essentially groom Wax into being his sword? Who will Wax side with in the end?

Agreed. The theme of Trell seems to be freedom or at least that's the sales pitch.

On 10/4/2022 at 7:53 AM, robardin said:

And while you're waiting to catch the pop-up falling in center field, ... here comes something to blindside you from out of left field.

It's gonna be our first glimpse of Whimsy. LOL. Who pulls a Shard Ex Machina to pitch in behind Harmony and make it a 3-on-2 game of Scadrialball.

Epilogue

But... Why? Why would Whimsy suddenly interfere with our plans?

Legit LOL. Imagining a shard vessel shake their fist in the air and yell "CURSE YOU WHIMSYYY!!!!" as Whimsy floats away in a giant bubble.

In the '60s, Models Floated Through Paris in Bubbles | WIRED

2 hours ago, Child of Hodor said:

The theme of Trell seems to be freedom or at least that's the sales pitch.

Which makes we wonder about what Edwarn was told just before he was blown up: that the new plan was "to remove life on this sphere instead".

Maybe he was told that specifically because he was about to be blown up. While being allowed "to serve in another Realm" (haha, is he now a Cognitive Shadow? Perhaps Invested and bound in a box like a seon to be used by the Set in doing interplanetary communications? He'd deserve it...!)

Edited by robardin

On 10/4/2022 at 7:39 AM, JuanMoreShard said:

Interesting that it's an 'or'. Either in ash or by the hands of the men of red and gold. I believe that in a WoB Brandon said that one of Odium's next moves would have been to betray Autonomy. But right now Odium's forces are the listeners and fused which I would not call "men" exactly. I'm not sure how much can change in the (less than a decade) timing from end of SA 5 to this book to have powerful men under Taravodium. 

Unless in SA5 Taravodium ends up winning the contest of Champions and Dalinar is forced to do T’s bidding. That could be what the men of red and gold are - surgebinders / knights radiant who are bound by oaths to serve T. Maybe he sends them out as a workaround for being still bound in Roshar due to the Rayse’s agreement. 

Edited by CognitiveShadow
Typos, stormin’ autocorrect