Talanthir's Worldbuilding

Sherlock Holmes

If you like worldbuilding, check this out! It's the doc I'm writing which describes the world of Talanthir and is currently a work in progress. Feel free to read any of it and provide any critique or praise at all, I'm hoping to get as much worthy information in it as possible.

I recommend reading the Itiri Kingdoms, Earanti, Laves, or Tesmiah sections if you want to see the parts with the most information. The parts with the fewest headings have the least information. If you have any suggestions for worldbuilding (things to change, add, etc), feel free to tell me those as well.

Talanthirian Worldbuilding by Area

18 minutes ago, RonRothJr said:

Is this going to become a novel, a web series, or a collection of short stories? I don't like to read world-building info until I've read the story, but maybe that's just me.

It is a book in the middle of being written but isn't finished enough to be read. When the present draft is finished, I'll share it with some folk and begin the third draft and the first draft of the following book.

2 hours ago, Gregorio said:

I've never thought of world building by area. That's pretty cool. I normally just try to come up with the whole world at once. Doing it by area seems pretty cool though. It also looks pretty cool.

Overall a pretty cool experience, I gather. I'm glad. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask em.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again! I'd like to add some visual materials to add to the experience of reading the worldbuilding, if anyone wants to do that. 

Here is a rough physical map of Talanthir, with major cities and landmarks labelled. Some of this is inaccurate currently, especially the names. The cities Purthon, Kuvnsae, and Tar'du all have different names now, and some of the names of landmarks are also outdated.

633f09c8eef54_TalanthirMap4.thumb.jpg.5fdf484779746fc1ac48179233c7e453.jpg

Here is a pretty basic ethnic map. There are a lot of more specific ethnicities, and this is largely influenced by how ethnicity is socially viewed in Talanthir.

633f09c5485fe_TalanthirMapethnic.thumb.jpg.d1b7452af91e6da42f5efd228eb6d750.jpg

Here is a rough population map that might hurt your eyes a wee bit.

633f09c32f40c_TalanthirMappopulation.thumb.jpg.5a9f857a0b5f391b458a168c35deba58.jpg

Here is concept art for an animal and area in Talanthir, which are near the far south coast, near "Kuvnsae". 

633f0b0bd7983_Sketch22_08_23.thumb.jpg.f76eb0bc43a68f67758feffa31c40780.jpg

On 10/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Hello again! I'd like to add some visual materials to add to the experience of reading the worldbuilding, if anyone wants to do that. 

Here is a rough physical map of Talanthir, with major cities and landmarks labelled. Some of this is inaccurate currently, especially the names. The cities Purthon, Kuvnsae, and Tar'du all have different names now, and some of the names of landmarks are also outdated.

633f09c8eef54_TalanthirMap4.thumb.jpg.5fdf484779746fc1ac48179233c7e453.jpg

Here is a pretty basic ethnic map. There are a lot of more specific ethnicities, and this is largely influenced by how ethnicity is socially viewed in Talanthir.

633f09c5485fe_TalanthirMapethnic.thumb.jpg.d1b7452af91e6da42f5efd228eb6d750.jpg

Here is a rough population map that might hurt your eyes a wee bit.

633f09c32f40c_TalanthirMappopulation.thumb.jpg.5a9f857a0b5f391b458a168c35deba58.jpg

Here is concept art for an animal and area in Talanthir, which are near the far south coast, near "Kuvnsae". 

633f0b0bd7983_Sketch22_08_23.thumb.jpg.f76eb0bc43a68f67758feffa31c40780.jpg

Ayo. I like it. What did you use to make those maps?